4 Inch Exhaust Build Plan

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
You might want to check out alligatorperformance.com, they have a 4" kit for the 94 - 97 psd made by diamond eye exhaust. This kit has a 2 piece 3" down pipe that goes into a 4" just under the front of the cab. Took me about 2 hours to remove the old exhaust and reinstall the 4" kit. It come with the clamps and uses the factory hangers. If you already have the banks downpipe, the kit would be a great way to go.

that is the same kit i was looking at on ebay. right now i am done buying things from the internet if i can help it.

thanks though;Sweet

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Regarding tailpipes, if you're looking for a 90-deg exit, you'll be forced to buy a two-piece tailpipe. One-piece tailpipes exit at a 45, the two-piece ones give you a serious amount of adjustment up/down - forward/aft. The two-piecer's are a bit more money though.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Regarding tailpipes, if you're looking for a 90-deg exit, you'll be forced to buy a two-piece tailpipe. One-piece tailpipes exit at a 45, the two-piece ones give you a serious amount of adjustment up/down - forward/aft. The two-piecer's are a bit more money though.

Ya i read threw your 4 inch build thread and read about the 2-peice pipe. good job on the exhaust by the way.;Sweet

Where can i get a two-piece tail pipe?

Last edited:

TangTonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any 4" tailpipes for the OBS Fords, they all seem to be 3". This page has 4" tail pipes for the Super Duty trucks, http://www.summitracing.com/search/...art-Type/Exhaust-Pipes-Tailpipes/?Ns=Rank|Asc not sure if any of those will work. If so, I'm thinking:

3" to 4" adapter after Banks Downpipe
Straight section of 4" SS pipe
4" coupling
4" SS Walker or Magnaflow tailpipe from page listed above

I'm not sure if the tailpipe will work, and I'm not sure how to secure everything yet.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I got all the pieces to make a 4" system including a straight through big truck muffler and the good band clamps for under $150 from Truck Pro . Any semi truck supply should have the same type of deal

TangTonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how that pipe is going to exit at 90 degrees like you want. Looks the same as all the other ones and exits at 45.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

i like mine at the 45* btw the pipe over my axle is made for a 2001-2004 gmc. almost fits perfect.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
if the 45* would be closer to the bottom of the box on my truck that would be ok. but it would not work in the winter b/c of my mudflaps. as much as i don't like the mudflaps they are going on. they catch a ton of snow. rather that than my bumper carrying around all that snow and salt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online