3" downpipe for 94 7.3 idi turbo

Mikeyfly7

Reaction score
Is there any manufacturers that make a 3" downpipe for the 94 7.3 idi turbodiesel? I have not been able to find any such animal. Also will the turbo exhaust outlet even accommodate a pipe that size? I have an all factory turbo system on the engine.

1994IDI

Reaction score
ATS, and Banks have been or are in some various stage of selling, or producing the parts for these trucks. Lately, they have been hard to come by as there is not a big demand for them. Do a search in the archives, and you will get all the information in the world on the subject as there have been several posts before.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Is there any manufacturers that make a 3" downpipe for the 94 7.3 idi turbodiesel? I have not been able to find any such animal. Also will the turbo exhaust outlet even accommodate a pipe that size? I have an all factory turbo system on the engine.

ATS is the only manufactuer that makes a 3" DP for the 7.3 IDI. In order to make it work with the factory turbo, you would have to purchase the 3" turbo outlet elbow from ATS. Last time I checked, ATS was still in the process of trying to fabricate the 3" outlet housing because the company that use to produce them for ATS went out of business. I thought about going with the 3" outlet housing, DP and complete ATS exhuast system and tail pipe until I found out everything was on backorder and ATS had no ETA on when they would have the outlet housings available to the public. I would advise you to completely research the ATS system if you decide to go with them.

Banks also makes a DP for the 7.3 factory turbo. Banks downpipe is a 2 7/8" DP that bolts to your stock factory turbo outlet with no modification and uses the stock v-band clamp that your stock downpipe uses now. One advantage to the Banks DP is that no firewall modifications are needed and it's a simple install. The ATS DP install requires some bending and fabrication to the firewall in order for it to fit between the transmission and the firewall. The Banks DP was $112.00 shipped to my door, where the ATS downpipe and turbo outlet are alot more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I have the Banks DP with a 3.5" exhaust and an aero turbine muffler and have been well pleased with the performance.

There are some members on this forum who have fabricated their own 3" housings and DP................

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I have the 3" down pipe 90* fitting and pipe' any new info on sealing the slip fit ?
The up pipe looks factory( twisted and mashed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online