3.08 or 3.55

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
As we speak I am installing a GV in my '86. 4.10 gear will be 3.20 in 3rd OD. Couldn't find a used one so went the $2700.00 route. Told the wife it would give us better fuel mileage (-:

Jim

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment to take the truck in Tuesday. The total cost to do both differentials plus the front U jounts and any other expected things plus add a posi will be approximately $2800.00. I am going to do it, but I almost needed to sit down and ask somebody to tell me to breathe.

I will let you all know how it works out.

akoldnav

olivera149

Reaction score
the way i see these trucks are most equivalent to the mastercard commercials, we may spend $80 on GPs, $300 on a IP, and staying on the road PRICELESS!

To add on to the "priceless" is way better than more costly parts, and far less expensive vehicle to drive all around than todays modern turbo diesels. So relax sit down and breathe and have a cup of coffee and enjoy it. Were are you getting the axle work done at because i live in wasilla and would like to know if they are reputable and get the job done RIGHT?

--Ryan

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've observed, the difference between the various gear ratio steps is about 500 RPM. So figure you will drop about 500 RPM from whatever your turning now to do the same speed with the next numerically lower ratio. Just remember that $2800 no matter how you spend it, is only about 4 PSD payments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online