2100 RPM Redline

Iroc12valve

Reaction score
I got my 97 12 valve in april and its great, except it doesn't go above 2200 rpm, when I rev it in the drive way it only goes to 2200 RPM nuetral or park
while driving on the highway if I have my foot buried and a full tank of diesel, in overdrive, downhill, empty it can make it to 2300 RPM the highest it has ever done is 2350. the motor is all stock, with an automatic.
I dont mind I just wonder if this is usual. what is the usual top rpm for a 12 valve? also how much boost does the stock turbo make??

LostSoul

Reaction score
Are you getting full travel out of the throttle? Have someone cycle the pedal with the truck off and get under the hood and see if it has any travel left past where the pedal will take it.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
You should be able to go to 2600 rpms on the stock settings. Stock boost should be something like 20-25psi depending on transmission. Check to make sure you don't have any blockages in the fuel system or exhaust system. If you need a little more out of it, pick up a 3200 rpm spring kit and a TST plate if you are not confortable making your own. Also, put the biggest air filter on that will fit. Uncorking these engines will help them rev out further.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Staff online