2011 IDI Weekend

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDI Weekend

Hey
New to the group. Thinking of coming to the weekend. Is it possible to camp in the back of my 1990 IDI overnight as a guest. I cant get away for the whole event. Looking at Friday overnight Saturday. The camp limits are 3 nights if they even have a slot. Don't need any hookups just a cap on my truck. It would be me and the wife. Otherwise I will see you on Saturday.
Reset2
Myersville MD

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason why you couldn't come as someone's guest, if they are willing to have you park on their site. I'm full up already with 4 trucks, so it will have to be someone else who can take you in. You would just have to pay the camground visitors fee.

28 days!

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Tanya! Great to see you post!

John,
The time of day has not yet been set for the tour, as I wanted to try and solidify the head count first. I will take into account the check-in time and schedule it for as late as possible. They do not conduct tours after 2pm, so it will be before that.

Ok, I guess that means if I arrive a little before 11am I should be able to make the HD tour. Is that correct?.

:yell: Also for those that did not see my earlier post here it is again:

I'm looking to save some money so if anyone wants to go to the rally that has not committed to a site yet. I have what is known to be the best tent site their is. Your welcome to pitch your tent on that site as I will be staying in the back of my truck. The site does have water and electric. I'm looking to get half of the daily rate and the reservation is from Friday July 1 and leaving July 5. So if your on the fence about going this might help you decide. Also if your going to do like I am and utilize your truck as a tent the offer is good for that as well.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay tuned. Friday's itinerary is in a state of flux. I am looking to find an alternate activity. The Harley plant will be shut down that day, and they are changing tooling for the new model year. Not sure how interested everybody would be in a quiet empty factory.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay tuned. Friday's itinerary is in a state of flux. I am looking to find an alternate activity. The Harley plant will be shut down that day, and they are changing tooling for the new model year. Not sure how interested everybody would be in a quiet empty factory.

I'd love to see the Harley plant, but like the Rally in Bowling Green and the Corvette factory, July seems to be retooling time eh?:dunno

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well those of you who are regulars know none of this is set in stone. It's sort of a democratic deal. I make up stuff to do, and if there is no show of hands on people wanting to do it, then there is firewood and a circle. But I like to have stuff lined up, just because it makes the weekend more feature filled. This IS vacation for a lot of you, so there needs to be options. However, if everybody wants to chil, that is definitely what we will do.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's the scoop. I cancelled my plans to attend because of it interfering with my school start, BUT - I delayed my start to October!!

My question is: can I park in somebody's camp area? I'm sleeping in the bed of my truck, and I should be pretty self contained. I promise I won't bite! :D

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's the scoop. I cancelled my plans to attend because of it interfering with my school start, BUT - I delayed my start to October!!

My question is: can I park in somebody's camp area? I'm sleeping in the bed of my truck, and I should be pretty self contained. I promise I won't bite! :D

You can park in my site if your willing to pay half the cost of the site. I have a tent site but will be using my truck for it and your welcome to as well. Although it does not have cable TV it does have water and electric. The reservation is from Friday the 1st until the morning of the 5th so that's four days. Let me know here or PM me if you want to do that.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i to might be willing to let someone else stay in mine if it isnt to small. since i will have 2 trucks and a trailer there. figured i was going to back the trailer into the spot and set my tent up ontop of it just to save room. but having both trucks there i guess it might be a little tight.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Glad to hear you can make it! I'd suggest taking John up on his offer, or if that doesn't work out there should be other's willing to double up.

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't know what the parking looks like for the cabins but if it has two spots for vehicles your welcome to one of them.