2005 exhaust upgrade

div7racer

Reaction score
I have a 2005 that I bought new to primairly tow my racecar trailer with.So far it is more than I ever expected it to be.I have installed a K-N air filter system that my friends at K-N gave me,and it increased gas mileage by about 1.5 mpg w/o the trailer,and I will tow with it this comming Saturday and see what it gets with the trailer.I have also installed a pyrometer and boost guage and now want to do something to the exhaust.What are my choices and what will each of them do for mileage and power? Thanks in advance for the benefit of your experiences.(PS-I plan on some sort of box after i get some baseline numbers from the new exhaust system)

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
div7racer,

Take a look at your system from the factory it apready has 4.0 inch pipes and is fairly well bent. Because of that we have the MBRP performance replacement muffler that we sell to most of the new Dodge owners. It uses welded hangers that reuse the stock hanger locations, uses the existing pipes and is very easy to install. They are made of 409 stainless to match the stock exhaust materials too! It gets you a full 4 inch system at a great savings. If you want to do off road and or racing we also have a cat test pipe to make it a straight thur system. Call us at 866-455-7788 and we will be glad to help you with any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI