1994 4x4 cummins what other mods do I need

oHBMQUINN

Reaction score
I want a daily driver but would like to pull withit on ocasion here is a list of mods that have already ben done 370 marine injectors new D/Vs no fule plate waste gate has been pluged off timing set at 15.5 billet converter suncoast valve body DRIVE LINE1 drive shafts front and rear what else should be done new turbo housing ?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well you have all kinds of fuel in the mix now you need to get air. I would be looking at larger exhaust (free flowing). I would be looking at a new housing as well. It's on my wish list but funds are not with me at the moment so... you know how that goes...

oHBMQUINN

Reaction score
I have a k&N filter and mods to stock air box I also have a 4in jegs exaust mini subway tunnel what about a housing for the turbo :draw

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Not to be picky, but how about some punctuation? I have the 16cm housing on mine & it still hits 40 pounds O boost. I think it really needs twins or HX40 for that amount of fuel.

oHBMQUINN

Reaction score
SORRY! DO you think a A HX40 will be ok for a dailey driver I have heard of some even twins but there has to be a down side is there?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
oHBMQUINN said:
SORRY! DO you think a A HX40 will be ok for a daily driver I have heard of some even twins but there has to be a down side is there?

PDR's HX40 spools up real nice, like a stock hx 35 with the 16/housing on it. There's many twin setups that use the stock 35 and keeps spoolup the same, just with an extra punch. As a general rule, you need 1 pound of boost for each 10hp. Down sides for any good turbo or twins would be cost.

Loud & Obnoxious

Reaction score
My truck is a daily driver and it does great with the PDR HX40 it is laggier but it flows alot more air than a stocker or a hybrid, when she spools watch out. There are better turbos than an HX40. What kind of EGT's are you seeing with your current set up?

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Not sure if your meaning pull as in towing or pull as in sled pulling, but if its the latter stay away from a HX40. HX40's aren't known for being the strongest, longest lasting turbos out there.

However, many people have had great success with them, and they can work very well as long as you do not go over 40psi with them.

Just some info to use.

oHBMQUINN

Reaction score
Yes I mean tow and sled pull She went 257 just the way she sits I think she needs a bigger turbo and new boots Question on fule plate why make a #0 plate when you can just remove the plate I dont know that much and was just wandering about it there may be a reason for making a #0 plate Anyone know

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
I remember reading on TDR, there's a pin that could possibly break around the governer lever. I've ran without one for a while & killed the (HX35 with 16cm housing)turbo's bearings.

oHBMQUINN

Reaction score
Ok I put a htturbo stage IV kit on the truck seams to help spools up alot faster than stock also put my own nos system on it Helps lowers egts 150 to 200 deg would like to take it to the drag strip to see how much the nos helps seat of the pants dyno says alot but the numbers wont lie I will post em after good or bad

Whit

Reaction score
Dont go without a plate, take the one you have out and just grind the thing flat following the straight line thats there, this will be just like no plate at all but will keep ya from breakin **** like memtioned above.

Cheers, Kevin

oHBMQUINN

Reaction score
Got her done .Ground plate flat. I am just waiting for some mustang GT to pull up at a trafic lite they are going to be in a cloud when it changes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online