1993 Coolant Temp Sending Units, Serpentine Belt

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a '93 F350, anyone know which coolant temp sending unit serves the Engine Temp warning lamp on the Information Center to the right of the gauge cluster? Also, ordered Motorcraft JK61113A serpentine belt, turned out to be too short even though the application guide said it would fit. Stock set up, which Motorcraft part number do I need? Read previous posts on here, but didn't come to a clear conclusion on stock pulley setup.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's two located at the front of driver's cyl head... The one closest to exhaust manifold serves the temp idiot lite and the one closest to intake manifold works the temp gauge...

There is yet another temp sensor at the front of the passenger side cyl head, close to intake manifold and that operates the fast idle circuit and advances the IP timing for easier starts..

About the belt, I have found that the aftermarket vendors that makes the idler tensioner are using a different size pulley and that forced me to use a smaller belt on my truck...

Another fine idea gone to ****...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
On a '93 F350, anyone know which coolant temp sending unit serves the Engine Temp warning lamp on the Information Center to the right of the gauge cluster?
That would be the one in the driver's side head. The one in the block, right in front of that driver's side head operates the temperature gauge.

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll pull the sender wire on the outside front sender driver's side cylinder head to troubleshoot whether the sender is bad, or if there is something like a bad ground. The JK61113A serp, which is what most guides say fit the '93, is clearly incorrect. The correct Motorcraft part number I think is JK61124B, but it isn't available and there doesn't seem to be a Motorcraft part number that supercedes the 112.4" belt. Gates has a belt as mentioned in forum posts, but I was just trying to see if anyone has found an alternative Motorcraft part number that is close to a 6 rib 112.5" belt. I'm going to replace the large idler pulley with a smaller one I have and see if I can get the JK61113A to work.