1992 f150 7.3idi

power blues 23

power blues 23
Reaction score
Hello to all im new here and i enjoy all the threads to read and all the trucks here at oilburners . I love idi trucks and enjoy working on them as much as i can. I own a 92 f150 2wd short bed with a 94 7.3 idi turbo diesel swapped in it was a five year prog my father works for IH and he helped me build this truck its light and gets up and flys :thumbsup:il have pics soon it was a lot of work well worth it alot of custom fab work as well we used a 94 f250 2wd for parts an motor and manual trans also a ford 9inch with lockers and 4.11 rear gears motor was fresh with only 30,000 miles we did some upgrades before the install we had the pistons turned down about .050 thou to lower comp and other minor machine work we insatalled a all new hypermax gasket kit, also arp head studs, also studs on intak and exuast , installed banks sidwinder turbo to upgrade and 3inch down pipe runing into 4inch straight piped stacks .with custom fab intercooler set up off 99 psd , dps ip and new dps injectors,turned fuel way up also had to adjust wastgate on turbo for more boost , water injection also ,boost is around 18psi at 1100 egt temp,no dyno test , yet hope so soon,light weight fast out ran my brothers 99psd chiped +exuast mod he was peeoed at me the only down fall to the truck is the hard starting due to the lower comp pistons i plug it in and park in the shop during winter makes for an easy start in the cold over all cost of the motor upgrades and performance parts is at about 5000$ in just motor, over all cost in truck body fram and rearend and trans and susp, is at about 4000$ with gauges and tires total over all 9000$ give or take and lots of laber hours
i would have never got it finished if it wernt for my dad helpeng me every weakend for five years i drive this truck every day hope to make it to the idi rally next year so all of u can see are work ive put about 14000 miles on it and so far so good no problems yet il keep u all posted dont be shy ask all you want to know proud to be a part of oilburners thank you

Last edited:

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, welcome to the site power blues 23.You are officially in the best place for info and suggestions. WE WANT PICTURES!!