1991 3/4 ton Ford Ranger build

Ryanohn

7.3 IDI Ranger
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what your GVW rating is, but there will likely be a sticker on the b-pillar by the striker on the driver's side door that will say something like 1220lbs front at 35 psi and 1810 rear on 215/70R15 tires 35 psi. That would mean that in my example, the GVW would likely be like 2900lbs.

ITS 2420 front 2570 rear so 4990 overall

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ****, this guna be a problem

Michigan doesn't care or inspect your ride so you are golden for the GVW issue. Only thing to be concerned about is the legal frame, bumper, and headlight height; search Michigan lift law on Google and you should be able to find the numbers. You really shouldn't have a problem with this but it something a cop could ticket you for.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, now you need to drive it across a scale with yourself in the truck. You really might want to underestimate the GVW because most of the time, like whenever I've driven a commercial vehicle, I'll look at the VW and usually the total vehicle GVW is lower than the combined totals from the front and rear. I drive a rig with a 12,000lb front axle and a 19,000lb rear axle, but the total GVW is 29,999lbs.

Ryanohn

7.3 IDI Ranger
Reaction score
Michigan doesn't care or inspect your ride so you are golden for the GVW issue. Only thing to be concerned about is the legal frame, bumper, and headlight height; search Michigan lift law on Google and you should be able to find the numbers. You really shouldn't have a problem with this but it something a cop could ticket you for.

ive got the truck with in the numbers, i only put a 4" lift on

Great, now you need to drive it across a scale with yourself in the truck. You really might want to underestimate the GVW because most of the time, like whenever I've driven a commercial vehicle, I'll look at the VW and usually the total vehicle GVW is lower than the combined totals from the front and rear. I drive a rig with a 12,000lb front axle and a 19,000lb rear axle, but the total GVW is 29,999lbs.

there a local junk yard two miles away form my house, with weight station

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might find the truck is only legal with a 1/4 tank, but as-long as you'd keep an eye on the level and be OK with that.... ;Sweet

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score

was about to say the same thing until i read this, that is a good thing about Michigan, i personally have never had a problem or seen or known anyone to have have a problem with the lift laws either, not saying it cant happen though

Ryanohn

7.3 IDI Ranger
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the info, got a little work done on the work
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes