HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
What, didn't want to bead blast and enamel coat? Come on.... LOL

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What, didn't want to bead blast and enamel coat? Come on.... LOL

Yes and rinse them off in 93 octane
I don't know You're going to live down 93 octane in the samurai, Nero. My wife is committed to non-ethenol in her bronco and KITT, luckily there's no high octane non-ethenol in Crestview or I'd have to support that.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I don't know You're going to live down 93 octane in the samurai, Nero. My wife is committed to non-ethenol in her bronco and KITT, luckily there's no high octane non-ethenol in Crestview or I'd have to support that.
I actually don't know if there's ethanol in the 93 octane here. I know they do in the lower grades during the winter months.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New f350 leaf springs and OEM shocks. Found the passenger side hanger was a bit loose, maybe the cause of the death wobble. If anything I’m glad it kick started getting this all done. I want to take the truck on a 14 hour round trip to Vermont end of this month.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also have 3-4 inch lift springs for sale now if anyone is interested. They only have about 5k miles on them.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you tightened that upper shock bolt. And the brake line touching the steel frame will likely rub through eventually. But really what I wanted to say is why do you hate your fender liners?! LOL

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sure are purdy when new.
I keep forgetting I have a new R&D Pump in my storage cabinet along with Injectors.
Maybe this summer I`ll geterdone.

Goat

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m continuing to tinker with the hydroboost. I’m not satisfied with it. I had this truck with vacuum brakes able to throw you through the dashboard. It’s half as good with hydroboost. Have tested multiple steering gears, multiple pumps, essentially all components. I’ve been moving a f super res onto f350 pumps. I’m going to try an elde pump specific to f super. I know it’s no different besides the spring.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2,000 miles down on the build including longer trips 14+ hours.
All is well.

Next round of things will be:
- 12v ACC power inside
- adjusting return lines
- brake light switch is “falling down” like it’s loose and then not activating the brakes. I ordered two different switches to figure out what’s going on there. Essentially it doesn’t stay horizontal to the pin.
- southbend stage 3: I’ll take my time on this one. The truck runs and works fine with its current clutch kit but slips at 60-70% of its power potential.

The front end refresh has been great. You can comfortable cruise at the speed limit on the turnpike.