1987 F250 6.9l 2wd

Status
Not open for further replies.

5akman

Reaction score
Correction: 1987 not 1986. My son is selling his "second owner" truck. Its got 258k on it and he bought it last June from the original owner. Its a 4 sp manual, dual tank with AC (needs new belt and charging). The owner had had the IJ pump and injectors rebuilt a few times over the years. When my son bought it, it would stall out frequently. We found lots of rust in both tanks so took off the bed and did the best we could to clean out the rust. He then replaced the soft fuel lines and added a Facet pump/filter along with new glow plugs and harness. It needs a few things like wiper motor some gauge work etc. New brakes on rear axle.
You must be registered for see images attach

He bought this thinking that it was going to be a "truck" version of his VW Jetta turbo diesel/5 sp manual trans. He hates the shifting and now wants to sell the rig.

He's got it listed for 2300.00 but is willing to listen to reasonable offers.

Last edited:

5akman

Reaction score

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a T18, if he changes to synthetic 50 oil in the trans he will like the results. easy shifting! soem peopel put 80w90 in this trans and it makes them a bear to shift! still won't be anything like his VW diesle 5spd but he should get at least 1/2 that fuel economy if he does drive it like he stole it.

thats a hard find, he shoudl keep it and tinker. the VW will haul easy behind it when it breaks down.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
FYI - That can not e an 86. The body style is the 87-91 body, what we call a Bricknose. With the 6.9 and 4 Speed, I’d say it’s and early 87 (may have a build date in 86 on the door sticker.

Anyone here would catch it’s not a Bullnose (80-86, 83-86 with a diesel), but listed elsewhere, and someone was looking for a Bullnose might be upset when they see it. In my recent truck shopping, I found one listed as a 6 cylinder. I made a point to go look at it, only to find it was actually a V-8.

5akman

Reaction score
FYI - That can not e an 86. The body style is the 87-91 body, what we call a Bricknose. With the 6.9 and 4 Speed, I’d say it’s and early 87 (may have a build date in 86 on the door sticker.

Anyone here would catch it’s not a Bullnose (80-86, 83-86 with a diesel), but listed elsewhere, and someone was looking for a Bullnose might be upset when they see it. In my recent truck shopping, I found one listed as a 6 cylinder. I made a point to go look at it, only to find it was actually a V-8.

yep, typo, 1987 it is. Thanks for pointing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance