1977 Long Term Debt

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Found a decent looking(picture wise) 4 door 1977 LTD I am thinking of calling about.I am putting far too many miles on my poor lil ranger.4 year old truck with 80 grand on the clock and not paid off yet.But anyway.The LTD is only $600 but I bet it I throw down 5 bennys I can drive it away.It has the much hated and loved 400 modified.I was wondering what kinda MPG or lack there of did these things actually get?Would be a cheap work car.Gas and oil and go deal.Not a project vehicle(WHOA!Did I say that!!!!!:eek:).

Attachments

• LongTermDebt.jpg
    LongTermDebt.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 10

Freight_Train

Reaction score
yea,I decided against it last night.....and just a few minutes ago sealed the fate of that car ever being in my driveway.....or kudzu.I purchased a 1969 postal jeep on Ebay for $450.Says it runs and transmission works but not driveable.Not sure what that means but the photo shows in fairly decent shape for a postal jeep of 41 years old.has the lil 153ci bowtie motor and a 2 speed power glide.Not sure exactly what will interchange with my 77 model basket case but I pulled the trigger already so it is a moot point now.Now just to get it home.This is the real strange part....I bought something LOCAL!***...I am slipping!Found it on Craigslist for $550....then yesterday they dropped it to 500 and while doing a search on the net for the specs I came across the Ebay listing and it was BIN for $450.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
ugly little beast but it is amost totally rust free.Some light surface on the hood where it impacted the hood at 55mph(DOH!!!I never have had that happen but got REAL close in the deuce one....not a wonderfun feeling in your stomach when your tooling down the highway and notice your hood is jumping up an down and realize what is going on!) and some around the windshield rubber.Might pull the windshield and install a new gasket.The rubber has shrunk and opened a rather large gap at the ends.

The darker areas in the picture is not bare metal with buffed rust(like you see on late 80s american trucks and cars) but a dark blue paint with a lighter crappy blue flaking off on top.

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 2
  • jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin