Just start using long unsued fuel tank?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
here’s a profile of my cab over for your reference.
Just my advice so take it for what it's worth. You may want to take some black paint or a black marker and darken up the "b" on the name behind the driver's side door. At a first, quick glance it looked like a "p" instead so I had to do a double take. You figure out the rest of the story.LOL

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Thumbs Up:Thumbs Up
Just my advice so take it for what it's worth. You may want to take some black paint or a black marker and darken up the "b" on the name behind the driver's side door. At a first, quick glance it looked like a "p" instead so I had to do a double take. You figure out the rest of the story.LOL

I might just leave it like that! :Thumbs Up

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I can say that Cubey bypassed his FSV today. He's now running on only the rear tank. I hope that he posts up the results soon.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I can say that Cubey bypassed his FSV today. He's now running on only the rear tank. I hope that he posts up the results soon.

It seems fine. One hose end might have been lightly seeping after 20 miles. Not a drip though. The clamp was a bit close to the hose barb end, so loosened it and I moved it slightly before tightening it back.

I double checked the Haynes Bronco/F series manual on which ports of the FSV were which vs which I used and it seems correct. It confirmed what I saw, the top two are front, lower two are rear.

After the 42 miles to where I am now, the rear tank gauge reading dropped about the right amount for that distance. I should have another 100 miles before I hit 1/4 tank. I will probably refuel a bit sooner to be safe but yeah.

Assuming the 22gal tank gets used to a
1/4 tank from 100% full, that's 16.5 gallons. At about 8.8mpg combined mpg, that's 145 miles. It gets a bit better highway only but that's a good rough estimate with some stop and go thrown in.

The front tank reading still shows about 1/4 tank when I flip the FSV switch, so it doesn't seem to have the return hooked up by mistake.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It seems fine. One hose end might have been lightly seeping after 20 miles. Not a drip though. The clamp was a bit close to the hose barb end, so loosened it and I moved it slightly before tightening it back.

I double checked the Haynes Bronco/F series manual on which ports of the FSV were which vs which I used and it seems correct. It confirmed what I saw, the top two are front, lower two are rear.

After the 42 miles to where I am now, the rear tank gauge reading dropped about the right amount for that distance. I should have another 100 miles before I hit 1/4 tank. I will probably refuel a bit sooner to be safe but yeah.

Assuming the 22gal tank gets used to a
1/4 tank from 100% full, that's 16.5 gallons. At about 8.8mpg combined mpg, that's 145 miles. It gets a bit better highway only but that's a good rough estimate with some stop and go thrown in.

The front tank reading still shows about 1/4 tank when I flip the FSV switch, so it doesn't seem to have the return hooked up by mistake.
Trust me. If it had been, your rear tank would have read a lot lower. When my FSV stuck the return to the bad rear tank, I went through about 17 gallons in just over 100 miles. I forgot to mention this to you today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online