1000w Remote plug switch

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up this interesting thing at Walmart for 13$ the other day and had never saw one before.
You must be registered for see images attach

It has a remote like a keyless entry and you plug it in and can switch it on by remote from 100 feet and has a bright LED to indicate it's on. Still provides enough power too.

Considering half of my glow plugs don't work and my truck doesn't fit in the garage, I have no interest in fixing those until I can park it in the yard and comfortably work on it panic free should I have any tips break off and suffer a setback there. Given that cold starts can be tough I originally bought a program timer thing, but this isn't my daily driver and it's a waste of electric having it run every morning if I'm not driving it and if I forget to plug it in then I'm screwed or if I want to drive it when I get home from work blah blah blah.

It's nice to just press the button an hour before work and it fires up, or text the girlfriend who gets home from work an hour before me to press it on my way home if I need to take it.

Just thought it was interesting as I hadn't saw these before.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I've been watching one of those on ebay. Had no idea walmart was stocking them. They were about the only inexpensive switches I've found that are 15-20 amp and fob activation would be perfect. Timers are gear if you only drive the truck at the same time every day, but with the remote, you could just turn it on 15-20 minutes before you leave anytime. And without leaving the couch!

Edit: I can't believe this post made it through. Site went down when I submitted it!

Last edited:

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just a.. Home electrical switch relay activated by keyless entry button?

I don't know what to call it. I press a button on my keys and my heater on my truck starts heating my engine without me having to use a timer daily or go out and plug it in. For less then 15$ the laziness of being able to leave it plugged in 24/7 and only have it sucking my electric bill when I press the button has saved me 15$ I'm sure lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I believe these were originally made for Christmas lights.
Of course now amped up to handle bigger stuff.
15-20 minutes isn't enough time to heat the engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've never noticed any effect unless you leave it simmer for an hour and a half. Takes a while for the heat to radiate from the water through the cylinder walls into the combustion area.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
House end doesn't have window facing it to pick up the signal, I tried it that way but it just doesn't turn on as easy. Where I work everything gets stolen so when it starts I immediately throw it in the cab haha.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
That's exactly what it is. Just a remote actuated outlet. Like a timer, but with a key fob.

Brian, does it need a clear line of sight for the remote to work? I was planning on plugging one in an outlet in the garage. No electric out there so it's a 10 gauge extension cord coming from the house.

Btw, did you ever get the part number of your LED flasher relay from autozone? I've been digging around and I can only seem to find square ones that have 3 pins or more.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think you could tuck the main body of it behind the grille, so only the plug sticks out; that way it would just look like a stock block heater plug and wouldn't be a theft target.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw, did you ever get the part number of your LED flasher relay from autozone? I've been digging around and I can only seem to find square ones that have 3 pins or more.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stopped at the garage today. No part number on the other side just the two prongs that plug in. Hope this helps but it's pretty non descriptive.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online