088 pedestal to valley pan grommet

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need, not directed at anyone specific. 088 kits are not that common so its easy to do. Im thinking a fatty oring and some rtv might work, when the pics go up it will be clear.

No the 088 used one and the 093 used another.
Dont panic.

Josh_Deal

Reaction score
I have ordered the Dorman 42317 grommet to try. If I gotta rtv it in I will. Question though. Is the 42317 too big or too small for the valley pan? Why couldn't you remove the pan and expand the hole to fit? That is assuming the grommet is too big..

Josh_Deal

Reaction score
Thanks for the link there friend:) I will figure it out. I always do. I'm just so impatient and really want to make this turbo work. I spent 3 days trying to get the dang thing off of the parts truck. It will be used...

Josh_Deal

Reaction score
I don't get it. I have been researching this valley pan grommet issue all day and i have found countless threads talking about how the factory cdr to valley pan grommet will work on an 088 turbo. I ordered this... http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251761953911?lpid=82&chn=ps and it will not work. This... http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331291466413?lpid=82&chn=ps is also listed for the factory cdr system. Is this the factory valley pan grommet that i need? I most definitely have an 088 turbo. its not the 085 and its not the 093. What is the deal?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ, AKA typ4, will post pictures when he has a chance, be patient!
this guy works like 30 jobs..lol

he will show you exactly what you need.
i thought all of the pedestals were the same,
i assumed, and made an ass more out of me than you.
he will give you exactly what you need it just takes time.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ordered the Dorman 42317 grommet to try. If I gotta rtv it in I will. Question though. Is the 42317 too big or too small for the valley pan? Why couldn't you remove the pan and expand the hole to fit? That is assuming the grommet is too big..

I had to stretch the 42317 onto the pedestal, and if you have the pan off you MIGHT get it to stay in, but I didn't want to risk pushing it into the lifter valley. What I did was set the grommet on the very end of the pedestal, cover the bottom of it with RTV, then carefully bolted it in place. When you set the pedestal in place it will push the gasket up the pedestal, getting it as tight as possible, then the RTV takes care of the rest.

But definitely listen to whatever Russ says. I was in a hurry when I did mine as well.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The second ebay part is not right , its the rubber donut that presses between the cdr and manifold on non turbo, I have 10 of them that ill never use. lol

The first one is the part for valley to cdr. also wont work for an 088. some of the valley pan kits come with the correct grommet that works on the 088, im thinking its an IH part, soon as I get to the dealer ill find out.

You impatient guys really are a pain :))

Josh_Deal

Reaction score
Yeah I figured neither would work so I have decided to use the 42317 and rtv the crap out of it. Thanks guys.

Russ, Did you receive the money I sent you for the 088 seals? I sent it yesterday.