088 60-1 compresser wheel?

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering about getting a 60-1 compressor wheel machined to fit in my 088 ats turbo. i know it takes three hours to do i read. but will it boost at a lower rpm then is what i wanna know? instead of it waiting till the pedal is about to the floor. (like it is now) thanks

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I had mine rebuilt with a bigger wheel last summer.

Normal empty driving I see about 1 psi at 1500 rpm. IF I head up a steep hill at the same rpm it will kick up to 3 or 4 psi @ 1500 rpm and pulls strong. Prior to the rebuild it wouldn't boost at all until 2000 rpm or so.

YMMV

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good option for you. Also, how much is your fuel turned up? Extra fuel helps spool a turbo quite a bit...

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Sounds like a good option for you. Also, how much is your fuel turned up? Extra fuel helps spool a turbo quite a bit...

Good option for who?

My fuel- unknown; its just the way I bought it. Has a rebuilt IP from MWFI, but that's about all I know... it definitely puts out a good amount of fuel.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good option for who?

My fuel- unknown; its just the way I bought it. Has a rebuilt IP from MWFI, but that's about all I know... it definitely puts out a good amount of fuel.

Sorry I'll clarify. I was meaning the 60-1 compressor seems like a good option for 6.9man. As for the fuel, I was also asking him about that too because I was thinking he might not have the fuel up enough to even spool the turbo. Know what I mean?

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its probably not turned up its how it came don't smoke unless you lug er at a low rpm. i haven't messed with it yet anyways always been meaning to just haven't had the time yet i guess. plus my fuel pump was going out so i just replaced it tonight and it seems like it gets up and goes little better now couldn't tell on the boost tonight though don't have a light on my gauge.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that new pump will definitely help with spooling. If you still want more, turn up the pump and if you want more after that go with the 60-1 wheel. All that will help with your issues if you ask me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online