08 f350 axles on my OBS

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of 06 axles sitting on a pallet I plan to do something with one day. Just haven't gotten their yet lol.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
You must be.....the 08 axles should be coil sprung where as my 01 axles are leaf. I'm assuming that's the source of confusion.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
there are a BUNCH of guys over on PSN that have put the '05 plus axles in their obs trucks. from what i read it is a bolt in deal. nothing special needed.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please refrain from the disrespect I am picking up from you. The leaf spring axles have nothing to do with this and that is not the sourceof the confusion. If you are upset about YOUR reading comprehnsion please consult your school system.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also thankyou t everyone who posted helpful info! Really apprecate it. Been doing overtime last few days hope to read more into it this week.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Please refrain from the disrespect I am picking up from you. The leaf spring axles have nothing to do with this and that is not the sourceof the confusion. If you are upset about YOUR reading comprehnsion please consult your school system.

i'm being serious here, not an a-hole. so you are legitimately confused about something? i can see how your first comment about you being confused could be read as serious or sarcasm......

Optikalillushun

Reaction score

That directed towards me? Cuz i posted info to what u were askin, answered ur questions and provided links. Not my fault u didnt read em.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Nope, it was an unprovoked attack toward me. It's always good to elaborate on the source of your confusion when you make a statement like that, I guess that's what I get for assuming. Good luck with your endeavors.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Well i know the fella with the gray F250 (linked to the diesel mag article), and talked to him about the swap when he was planning it, during the swap and saw/rode in it. Its ****, mostly bolt on with stock parts and opens the door for tons of aftermarket support.

I also know "frankthetank" through the silver F250s owner. Both trucks use mostly stock parts and look factory.

U do not need and special parts to do the swap (ie aftermarket) except if u want better shocks. As said above, onl if u wanna lift it. I think both guys gained maybe 1" of lift (more so due to sagging springs).

If u can score a set of 05+ axles and get the other parts go for it. Only downside is the initial investment for parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online