08 f350 axles on my OBS

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have stumbled upon 2 08 f350 axles, 3.73 gearing (he thinks) for about $1100. Cheapest Dana 60 Kingpin I have located is $1400 and comes with NOTHING.

Naturally this gets me thinking...

Has anyone ever seen a thread anywhere that had someone putting these axles on an obs pickup? Figure it would have a lot of advantages, more abundant wheels, coil springs, rear disks, If its do-able im sold!

Searing I can find lots of info about the 99+ axles going on with wider perches and whatnot, But that is of no use.

Anyone remember a thread discussing this? I was emailing a company that made a kit, CT performance (was turned onto them by gonecrazyi) and im hoping they get back to me with a ballpark figure for the kit they sell soon, but most likely they wont work saturday and I wont find out until monday.

Does anyone have any pics/information or anything that can hold me over until then? Or does anyone know of a thread here or on another forum that talks about this?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Someone here did put leaf sprung SD axles on his truck so the rear is definitely doable for you. I would pick up that front set up and do it without a moments hesitation.:hail That is all the way around a well designed system that Ford used from 66-79 in F100 and F150 4x4's. It has quite a bit more beef for the superduty and would be one of the top couple of upgrades that I could think of. Once again, i WOULD BE ALL OVER THAT FRONT END!!!!!!!!!! Good luck;Sweet

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So apparently people are using an 05 and up 4 link kit... Will have to look into that. Hope CT performance has there kit for a good price!

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the email back; looks like the kit for a 4 inch lift which I guess is mandatory for clearance? (idk) is 2 grand. So the 2 grand ontop of the grand for axles equals 3 grand, which im just not willing to spend on the truck yet. Lots of more important upgrades mean more to me (hydroboost, gearvendors, seat...) If anyone in the area is interested in teh axles they are in phoenix let me know

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need a 4 inch lift or a 4 link. The guy with the grey truck used stock springs and stock radius arms. They recommend the 4 link because it "rides" better.