01 wont start

smookthis05

Reaction score
On my way to the gas station my truck was starting to cut out like it was loosing fuel. The needle was a hair over E and it shut off... I have an airdog 150 installed and my suction tube is close to the side of the tank and when i installed it didn't really hit the bottom of the tank..(just to keep in mind).

So i figure it is just out of gas. Luckily I am pulling into a gas station. I fill it up and it wont start. I figure it has air in it so i bleed the return line on the injection pump and the airdog line that is also at the injection pump.. Both have fuel coming out.. Still no start... I also cracked the injector lines they have no fuel not even a drop coming out.. I figured I just ran out a fuel but from the looks of it I'm not getting any fuel from my injection pump..i also have an edge progamer installed if this helps..

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score

smookthis05

Reaction score
I know that the chip i have would not hurt the injection pump in any way because it helps lubricate it but my is it possible that my airdog would because of the increased pressure it is pumping into the pump.

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MINMUM FUEL PRESSURE - 10 PSI
MAXIMUM FUEL PRESSURE - 20 PSI

So if you fall between this range you should be fine...

But if the re-prime doesn't work more that likely the VP44 had died...:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online