ZF5 Question

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Ok today before i got the truck of the trailer i was going to see if she would start in the cold weather , well when i pushed in the clutch it has no pressure to it, i call it a dead pedal but it will either stay at the bottom of the floor or the spring will pop it back to the top if i pull it up............. i have no experience with a zf5 so i dont know where to start....all i know is if a clutch cable breaks it will do that..........and help is appreciated-Lame:santa:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open the hood and look beside the brake booster on the firewall, there will be a little master cylinder with a round cap. Take the cap off MAKE SURE THE RUBBER PIECE IS IN THE CAP OR PULL IT OUT OF THE MASTER CYLINDER and see if you have any brake fluid in the reservoir. I bet it's dry. Put some brake fluid in it, and pump it and see if you can get it in gear. If you do find that it's dry, you have a leak in the system somewhere.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont forget to bleed the system. there should be a bleeder valve right above wher the connection is for the hydraulic line..