zf5 issues trans or clutch

Deezelcaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it has taken so long to wrap up this post but I am swamped with work and just got around to installing my genuine ford pedal set. It is a huge improvement. Thanx for all the advice. A few things I thought I would ask about/mention for the next guy. My pedal set was the 92 and up so I didn't have to pull the speedo cable. It took 2hrs to swap with the exception of one thing, the clutch pushrod linkage. The piece at the end was loose( I assume to align it to the pushrod?) with no splines cut in it. I actually had to take it of and press it on the old shaft to cut the splines and then reassemble under the dash. Is this normal? I can't see any way to apply the torque needed to cut the splines under the dash. Did I miss something? Blem part? I also installed a new push rod bushing so everything is tight and new. My clutch is still really hard to push. Is this normal or time for a new clutch? I called sbc and fort Wayne and they said they don't offer anything but oeOrganic for our trucks anymore. Phoenix has some options but I have no experience with them. Thanx again in advance