ZF5 and PTO

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what pto is required for the zf? I'm putting a bigger hydraulic crane on my truck and need a pto instead of the elec/hyd thats on it now. I dont really want a direct mount pump and would rather have the drop down to a pto shaft because then i can make a power divider to run another idea of mine

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if some one in the midwest would chime in lol. I am sure if i really looked/ asked around i could probably find one locally but i thought i would try here. I also read somewhere that you could put a pto on the T-Case but i dont know how that works with an E4OD. If i dot have to change everything over to a a zf that would be best but i will do what i have to to get hydraulics

osokusmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Triple C Hydra-bed on my pickup that runs off an engine mounted hydraulic pump. I think the setup minus the bale bed is around a couple grand.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if some one in the midwest would chime in lol. I am sure if i really looked/ asked around i could probably find one locally but i thought i would try here. I also read somewhere that you could put a pto on the T-Case but i dont know how that works with an E4OD. If i dot have to change everything over to a a zf that would be best but i will do what i have to to get hydraulics

Likely have trans in gear and Tcase in Neutral.

The only tcase with PTO provision is a F350 case that I know of, I've got a couple sitting here :D

Hope this helps.

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Triple C Hydra-bed on my pickup that runs off an engine mounted hydraulic pump. I think the setup minus the bale bed is around a couple grand.
I dont really want an engine driven because i am going to make a power divider to run another pto to the back bumper to run my seed wagon and possibly a small truck loading auger

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely have trans in gear and Tcase in Neutral.

The only tcase with PTO provision is a F350 case that I know of, I've got a couple sitting here :D

Hope this helps.
of course you would have a few lol shipping would kill me to get one from you

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not really for the right price I'll tear the thing apart and send the required parts front case half and gear with PTO on it...but ya then I'm out a spare case since I already sold two NP 205's that leaves me with one 205 only and two 1356 with pto and a 1345 without pto and one NON pto slip yoke 1356 and a fixed yoke 1356 with no pto as well.....I guess I got some spares sill...

...Oh what the hell...

$300.00 I'll strip out a PTO case for of the parts you will need, that should keep shipping down as weight will be less and size, and ya you pay shipping from 98844 Oroville WA!

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Grayhound Bus lines will ship stuff for a fairly cheap price. If the luggage storage isn't full it doesn't make them any money. I know guys who have shipped snowmobile hoods this way.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grayhound Bus lines will ship stuff for a fairly cheap price. If the luggage storage isn't full it doesn't make them any money. I know guys who have shipped snowmobile hoods this way.
Ahem I've shipped a few items via the rolling detox..

Like fill a big suitcase and then add luggage tag with name of receiver...shipped free! LOL

I may...or may not....have done this a few times buwa ha ha...

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your pto's direct mount pumps or are they just a dropdown box with a driveshaft yolk on the end. I would be intersted in the whole case and what would it take to make it a divorced case so i dont have to change trannys because right now i am running an E4OD 2WD

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your pto's direct mount pumps or are they just a dropdown box with a driveshaft yolk on the end. I would be intersted in the whole case and what would it take to make it a divorced case so i dont have to change trannys because right now i am running an E4OD 2WD

WHY people do not provide all the info in the beginning is still a complete mystery to me.

SIMPLY put, add a Divorce MOUNT NP 205

Funny thing, I just sold my last one! However, I've got access to others. Heck even a Divorced Dana 24 would work but the 205 has provision for a 6 bolt PTO I've got a married 205 with PTO like you are looking for, that has a drive shaft off of it.

This would allow you to retain your 2wd right now add a front diff later on. Requires a custom x member for the tcase and some new drive shafts.

JM2CW

Al

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHY people do not provide all the info in the beginning is still a complete mystery to me.

SIMPLY put, add a Divorce MOUNT NP 205

Funny thing, I just sold my last one! However, I've got access to others. Heck even a Divorced Dana 24 would work but the 205 has provision for a 6 bolt PTO I've got a married 205 with PTO like you are looking for, that has a drive shaft off of it.

This would allow you to retain your 2wd right now add a front diff later on. Requires a custom x member for the tcase and some new drive shafts.

JM2CW

Al
Im not opposed so switching trannys i just thought if it was easy enough to go divorced i would do that to save a few $$$ from having to buy another trans also im not real big in a the 4wd stuff so i am just gathering some info

P.S. riot just saw in your sig you are looking for a winch i have a 16k that is chaindrive and i was always gonna put a hyd motor on and then mount the whole thing on a 3pt hitch to pull logs but i bought a dozer with a winch so i no longer need it

Last edited:

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to auto shops that have pickup based tow trucks. I know we have a pto bolted to an nv4500
All it is is a hydraulic pump. The auto shop owner may let you look under their truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online

No members online now.