ZF swap complete

Mike327

Reaction score
Thanks to the help from some of y’all and the search bar I’m back on the road. Took first drive yesterday. I used a ZF from a 2wd F Superduty and got driveshafts shortened/lengthend. I used the crossmember from my E4OD that had to be slightly modified. New clutch pedal assembly and pre filled slave and master. Installed a Luk clutch and flywheel. So far I’m happy.

You must be registered for see images attach

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of low end grunt these engines have is left on the table with a automatic isn't it?

Kristov

Reaction score
Out of curiosity how heavy is that clutch pedal? I'm leaning more towards keeping mine with the E4OD simply because most clutches are bit too heavy for me to be comfortable with.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't feel that the Luk kit gives a very stiff pedal. I also am used to driving a manual transmission so that may be it. I will say that I don't sit at a stop light holding the clutch pedal in either. I'll put it in neutral and let off of the pedal. When I see the other light change to yellow from green, or when the traffic starts moving (if I'm back quite a ways) then I'll put it back into gear.

Mike327

Reaction score
Been a long time since I have had a manual trans but I wouldn’t say that it is hard to push or hold down compared to any other truck I’ve driven. But like said above I don’t hold it down for long I just put it in neutral until I’m ready to go. I have heard that the south bend is very stiff though but no personal experience with that.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have heard that the south bend is very stiff though but no personal experience with that.
Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Maybe not for their stock replacement clutch, but I'll bet the their highest end clutch is stiff.