Yes!! I snagged an ATS non gated turbo

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turned the fuel up 90 degrees (1/4 turn). On flat ground unloaded, I'm seeing about 400 to 500 degrees with the thermocouple in the location ATS provided and a new Isspro EV gauge. Loaded, it was more in the 600 range on flat ground.

With a 4,000lb boat/trailer, I was slowed down to 35 mph going up any extended grades. There was pedal left over, but the pyro was at 1100 degrees and I didn't want to push it any further. I think I was at 9 to 10 psi at this point. An intercooler would do wonders!!

I mentioned wishing I had a bit more boost, because I think the extra air would at least help with EGT's...exhaust temperature is certainly my biggest issue with the truck (mechanically, at least)...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That all sounds good. I doubt I'll be able to make it slow down in my neck of the woods, we have very few substantial grades here in FL. The truck is enough for me as it is, but I have alwasy wanted to see how much better it could be witha turbo and I couldn't pass this one up.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JD-

I put a non-wastegated turbo on my truck last fall. I too bought my setup used on e-bay, and contacted ATS about some replacement parts. I found them to be more than helpful, and was able to get everything I needed directly from ATS.

I spoke with Darren Weaver ( [email protected] ) and he went above and beyond to be sure I was getting the right parts for my truck. He even faxed me several documents and an exploded view so I could figure out where things went. I don't know if he's still there, but it's worth calling to see. ATS phone number is 1-800-949-6002

Ryan