What kind of turbo is this?

dirtbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On our "wish list" for our 79 f-150 6.9 IDI conversion is to someday add a turbo. Since the body style is significantly different, "kits" that have precisely routed exhaust may be a problem, since space is a bit snug. I came across an ebay posted truck that has a much different setup than the other kits I have seen. Has anyone seen one like this before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...30597&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123#v4-42

Thanks.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like an old rotomaster kit, nothing wrong with that setup. Maybe not optimum in balance but will work just fine. 6.5 gm mounted the turbo on one side iirc.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
That turbo looks big! Maybe its one of those Canadian turbo systems. Ive never seen one. Washington plates. damn that truck is so clean

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I have one of those sitting on the front porch. would make you a killer deal on it if you want it. turbo spins freely with minimal shaft play, just needs a good cleaning. the drivers side manifold is replaced with a one that has a turbo flange on it and there is a crossover pipe running from passenger to driver side. the turbo can be reclocked to eliminate that 180 bend in the intake piping. If interested in the turbo shoot me a pm.