Yes another intake question

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
My take on this was a little different. On my Bronco I used the factory intake "tube" beside the radiator (using a 1983-1986 diesel radiator support and radiator). I used thin wall 4" pvc and a couple of rubber plumbing connectors. I had to cut a couple of slits in the intake "tube for the pvc to fit inside. On the air cleaner, I removed the soup bowl, bent up the locating tabs on the bottom of the air cleaner, and I had to rotate it a little farther toward the driver's side. I have a K&N filter in it. I did have to SLIGHTLY bend the front brake line next to the master cylinder to keep it from rubbing. I can say that it did make a difference on the way it drives empty. I can't say for sure that it made a difference on fuel mileage, but it did give me more power on the butt dyno. You have to use thin wall pvc because the elbows make sharper turns than the thick wall ones do. As for air flow, it does get a "ram air" effect on the highway and all of the air is outside temperature. It does make more noise at idle, but I can't tell when I'm driving. Worried about water with this setup? Don't drive through deep water!