WVO designs raw power fuge

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black carbon is hard to get out. Sub micron from what some people have said. I run my fuge around 2-3 gph and it doesn't get the black out. Though mine only spins at 3450rpm. If the sludge you getting in the bowl is black then your getting some of it out. Might need to multiple runs?
Great update cheers!

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a centrifuge from PA biodiesel and I've had luck getting the black out of it. I also do 48 passes though....

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
The black carbon is hard to get out. Sub micron from what some people have said. I run my fuge around 2-3 gph and it doesn't get the black out. Though mine only spins at 3450rpm. If the sludge you getting in the bowl is black then your getting some of it out. Might need to multiple runs?
Great update cheers!

Yes, the particulate being removed is black as sin, and ever so fine. I did run a second pass on a batch, at no higher flow rate but higher rpm and heat, and it removed next to nothing during that pass. So that tells me that either it's getting most of it out during the first pass at the parameters that I was running (slow/hot/fast) OR, it is incapable of removing anything more.

Fattima

Reaction score
Just came across this thread (and forum) I've just setup a WVO raw power fuge here in Australia.
I was holding off buying one due to the poor Aus dollar but them came across one second hand but unused locally. Have filtered WVO that I run blended in a 97 Land Rover Discovery, it did this far better than my old modified juicer centrifuge. I've also cleaned up a few hundred litres of water contaminated diesel (see pic) and was impressed with the results.
Have had my first go at WMO, my process was blend with petrol/gas and some heating oil to thin it then ran through the fuge twice at a slow flow rate. Has cleaned the oil up really well, it is still black. Did my first run on it yesterday 3.9 litre Isuzu 4bd1. I have twin tanks so started on diesel then switched to WMO, mainly freeway driving and all was fine. Switch back to diesel before shutting down. All good so far.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

pajero-2-8-can-it-run-on-weo-wmo-runs-on-wvo-now-100.52105
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Very nice. I have since added a 25micron pre filter (spin on filter)in the intake stream ahead of the fuge, in attempts to do just that, pre filter a bit. I have yet to run enough volume thru it to see if it will be an efficient way to pre filter or not and how it effects flow rates. I am cold here in Canada, right around the freezing mark still, which is cold for gravity flowing oil.

So the water logged material that you ran, is your fuge steaming it off? Or is it spinning the water to the edge of the bowl and it drains out of the bowl when you shut it down?

Fattima

Reaction score
I don't envy the cold you guys have to deal with, I lived in Quebec as a kid and remember the winters there. It rarely gets below 0 here so issues with flow are not too great. I like the idea of a pre filter, I've got an old Bosch filter head here and a pile of filters, might look into something similar.
With the water contaminated fuel most of it came out the drain, there was some steam and coming off too so I'd say it was a combination. I had to play with flow rates, I did it too fast at first and there was still water in the fuel.

I'm going to make some biodiesel when I've got time and see how well the fuge works for removing water after washing the fuel. I got given a 44 gallon drum of methanol so better use it.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using my centrifuge to clean vegetable oil mixed with 60% diesel. I found in the summertime I can use this percentage without having installed a second tank. I have a hose connected to a piece of thin copper tubing and I do a gravity feed so it takes almost an hour to do 5 gallons. I run three passes it seems to get a little more each time but I've also found that no matter how many passes I run on occasion somehow something gets into my fuel and eventually plugs up my filter so what I found to do now is put a little inline fuel filter and run a pump to pump it out of my last container and catch whatever the crap is and then I can clean the filter and gasoline and blow it out backwards with air. Now that I got a huge source for WBO I'm going to finally put the second tank and complete the system in my car and then run a little heater around to 5 gallon container so that I can continue using the gravity feed. When I was getting the printer toner from the commercial printing machines that was petroleum distillate I managed to manage to collect all the old filters that they removed so I have like a hundred 10 micron filters that look like they come off a semis and that much or more of two micron filters so for the final cleaning I will pump all the oil through those filters. The inline filter I use is just a simple clear plastic 5/16 filter that you would put in the fuel line of an old Ford or Chevy just before the carburetor. I use that because it's very important to use the filter does not have a built-in bypass so that when it gets full of crap the bypass let's crap get in your clean fuel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online