WVO designs raw power fuge

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Bought a WVO Designs Extreme Raw Power centrifuge today. Going to use it mainly for spinning WMO. I run a 70% diesel to 30% WMO blend. Will report the centrifuge performance results when I have it running. Anyone on here running a WVO Designs centrifuge?

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an absolute centrifuge. Not around any more. But would like to see what you think about yours. So you got it with the vfd? How about the feed cone? I want to make a feed cone for mine, be a cool mod.

Congrats on the purchase!

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yes I got it with the feed cone, VFD thing, and a heater. I will report back with results.

Im hoping I can get down to the 1-2 micron range

Jester3775

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Simple Centrifuge. He had run WVO in it and I am convinced he was getting out of it due to the mess. I have never had so much trouble cleaning something. WMO is messy but easily cleaned with many things but I couldn't find anything that could cut the WVO stuff. Ended up having to "chisel" the stuff out of it. If I had known how hard it would have been to clean I would not have bought it ! Very interested in seeing how this new adventure goes for you as I am not really all in yet and looking forward to learning from you !

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Simple Centrifuge. He had run WVO in it and I am convinced he was getting out of it due to the mess. I have never had so much trouble cleaning something. WMO is messy but easily cleaned with many things but I couldn't find anything that could cut the WVO stuff. Ended up having to "chisel" the stuff out of it. If I had known how hard it would have been to clean I would not have bought it ! Very interested in seeing how this new adventure goes for you as I am not really all in yet and looking forward to learning from you !

Wonder if that’s a common issue with wvo?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Is it the glycerin that you were struggling with, with wvo? The glycerin is what always hurdled me with it in the past

Jester3775

Reaction score
Is it the glycerin that you were struggling with, with wvo? The glycerin is what always hurdled me with it in the past
I am a little embarrassed to say I am not sure what glycerin is. All I can say is there was definitely something in the WVO the previous owner was using that made it crazy hard to clean. Maybe there is something that can cut that stuff that I am not aware of but...

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a used dieselcraft centrifuge and someone suggested simple green and that seemed to work good with hot hot water, plastic bristle brush and some elbow grease. I had to let itsoak in the simple green/hot water to soften up but it was hard. Agreed wmo is easy cleaning compared

Jester3775

Reaction score
I got a used dieselcraft centrifuge and someone suggested simple green and that seemed to work good with hot hot water, plastic bristle brush and some elbow grease. I had to let itsoak in the simple green/hot water to soften up but it was hard. Agreed wmo is easy cleaning compared
Interesting, I love Simple Green but I never thought to try that ! Hot water too, there are times that does work magic. Funny because I went the other way in that I used Lacquer thinner, Paint thinner, Gasoline, Diesel fuel...

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I am a little embarrassed to say I am not sure what glycerin is. All I can say is there was definitely something in the WVO the previous owner was using that made it crazy hard to clean. Maybe there is something that can cut that stuff that I am not aware of but...
No need to be embarrassed. We are all, always learning stuff and we all don't know LOTS of stuff!

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I love Simple Green but I never thought to try that ! Hot water too, there are times that does work magic. Funny because I went the other way in that I used Lacquer thinner, Paint thinner, Gasoline, Diesel fuel...
Yah I tried avgas with little effect. Soaking in hot water with simple green seemed to work the best for me. Still took effort though :idiot:

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Finally got the new fuge assembled and in operation. Assembly was fairly straight forward. Not quite as easy as I was lead to believe though. It does have the added, bolt on heater option which I can already tell is a must for colder climates.

I have only put about 30 gal thru the fuge so far of gross, black, thick oil at a flow rate of 5 gal/hr. Things seem to be operating as they should. There is some crud being caught in the bowl. I will have to play will flow rates and fuge spinning speeds quite a bit until I feel its doing the best it can. I would like to see the oil come out a little less black then it goes in. So far im not seeing that. The bowl rpm I think will be the biggest variable to figure out and adjust to compensate for the quality of the feed oil. This one will run from 0-6000rpm. Will take some time to find the sweet spots.

Last edited:

Jester3775

Reaction score
Finally got the new fuge assembled and in operation. Assembly was fairly straight forward. Not quite as easy as I was lead to believe though. It does have the added, bolt on heater option which I can already tell is a must for colder climates.

I have only put about 30 gal thru the fuge so far of gross, black, thick oil at a flow rate of 5 gal/hr. Things seem to be operating as they should. There is some crud being caught in the bowl. I will have to play will flow rates and fuge spinning speeds quite a bit until I feel its doing the best it can. I would like to see the oil come out a little less black then it goes in. So far im not seeing that. The bowl rpm I think will be the biggest variable to figure out and adjust to compensate for the quality of the feed oil. This one will run from 0-6000rpm. Will take some time to find the sweet spots.[/QUOTE

My take on it was that slower feed rate and faster rpm are for more cleaning. I don't think you can go wrong going those 2 ways for more cleaning. I don't think running same oil thru more than once would hurt anything, just more time but we are learning...

Jester3775

Reaction score
My take on it was that slower feed rate and faster rpm are for more cleaning. I don't think you can go wrong going those 2 ways for more cleaning. I don't think running same oil thru more than once would hurt anything, just more time but we are learning...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88