WVO and WMO...

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've heard bad bad things about mixing the two of them and I've stayed away from veggie oil.

Recently I was offered about 20 gallons of veggie and I was trying to think if ways to burn it.

My truck has a 3 tank set up with manual ball valves so I would decrease the chance of cross contamination. Front tank is ULSD, bed is WMO tank and the rear is currently not being used.

I was thinking of cutting the veggie 60/40 and running it in the rear tank only.

Think it would cause many problems if I didn't cross contaminate the two tanks or should I just stay away from it all together?

JPhauler87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used both mixed, and know people who have as well. I've heard bad things about mixing it in the vehicle. When I mix, it all goes through the centrifuge together so any "junk" that supposedly forms when the two are combined is probably fuged or settled out.

I was reluctant to try it for a long time as well, but I've done it several times now and have had no issues and really noticed no difference other than exhaust smell.

JPhauler87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Several times with no issues. Anywhere from probably 30-70% WVO and the rest RUG and WMO. Like I said, cannot attest to what happens if you mix them in the tank, though my hunch says not any different.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh. Well ill call him back up and see if they still got it. Maybe try 10 gallons to my 75 gallon batches to be safer-ish

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frank, ya know thats not a bad idea.
One type of fuel in each tank, I've got 3 total tanks also, 2 stock, 1 wmo tank.
Don't know if I'd want to run the wvo in cold temps.
We got the flex fuel vehicles right here... lol

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never tried it, may do it as well, I Had about 50 gallons, but got rid of it because I have been told the same thing.