*** is this?

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like something similar to a Ranger 3? Manually shifted aft of the trans from the look of it.

I also notice a nice push/pull switch on the shifter - exhaust brake maybe?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mitchell gear splitter was simalar to the US gear splitters. They were great gear splitters too. There was another high low splitter that went between the clutch and the standard trans trucks too. With that setup and a 4x4 you ended up with three differant stick shift shafts on the floor. Kinda kept ya busy too...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitchell gear splitter was simalar to the US gear splitters. They were great gear splitters too. There was another high low splitter that went between the clutch and the standard trans trucks too. With that setup and a 4x4 you ended up with three differant stick shift shafts on the floor. Kinda kept ya busy too...
wrong.
USG eletric shift.
Mitchell is a two-speed brownie with a manual linkage.
the mitchell is one big SOB for a in/out box.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry Calvin. What I really tried to post is they are both gear to gear splitters. They are not like the Gear Vendors thats a hydraulic clutch and a friction cone. Thanks for corrtecting me. Sometimes I type and think later..:dunnocookoo

Jake2670

Reaction score
well his link is already dead, but I have pics n vid uploaded of a gear box I found on DropBox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jlezogypx...ks old gmc so they can b seen there, hate can't post right to this site cause most prob won't go there n really like to find out what this is, guess I'll just put all the #s here that r on the case looking at case from inside to outside of box, writing running up n down 1st row - a circle n looks to b "CFD" 2nd row - "229or08545" then circle made of dots with teardrop in middle 3rd row - has a raised tab with 310 or 3-10 on it then what looks like a 53. I had said this was a 48, but he said its a 54, so I'm thinking this 3rd row may be the manufacturing date.

thanks for the help guys,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online