WTB downpipe for factory turbo

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
I'd like to upgrade the downpipe on my '94 factory turbo IDI. Don't have the tools etc to fab my own. Would be interested in the banks downpipe or the ATS kit with the larger housing depending on price.

thanks!

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" DownPipe

"I'd like to upgrade the downpipe on my '94 factory turbo IDI. Don't have the tools etc to fab my own. Would be interested in the banks downpipe or the ATS kit with the larger housing depending on price. "

Look at Ebay. I got a MBRP for my 96 that fits the 94-97 models for $99.99 shipped to the house. It was a two piece 3" DownPipe with clamps and mounts. AND you get a highspeed MBRP sticker.. lol

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately they only fit the powerstroke direct injection motor and won't work on my '94 IDI :(

1994IDI

Reaction score
A local exhaust shop could fab you up the pipe pretty cheap I think. I bought the ATS with the larger outlet (not the housing, just the elbow. There is actually a replacement center section that doubles the price) and downpipe for somewhere around $280 after taxes and shipping. If you can avoid using the ATS downpipe, I recommend going with hypermax or Banks. The ATS uses a "slip fit' design that doesn't work worth a damn. Some guys have not had any problems with theirs, but most will tell you that it is garbage.
Just to clarify, the 3" downpipe is a worthwhile improvement, just not a slip fit style.
Good luck, I hope it helps.

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
Buy the PSD unit, take yours off and take it to any ship with a saw and a welder...have them cut/weld/swap flanges. I just can't stand the thought of some one paying upwards of $300 for just a DP when you can have a complete 4" exhaust for that price, with a just a bit of fabbing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online