WTB : 7.3l heads and/or complete engine.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my heads into the machine shop to be hot tanked and mag'ed. Apparently the truck did not have a blown head gasket... It had a severely cracked head, beyond repair. :thumbsup: So now I get to pay them $100 to get the boat anchors back..

Does anyone have any GOOD heads, or a complete 7.3l? I would also take a 6.9, not picky.. Just want to get this truck back together..

-Dallas

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I took my heads into the machine shop to be hot tanked and mag'ed. Apparently the truck did not have a blown head gasket... It had a severely cracked head, beyond repair. :thumbsup: So now I get to pay them $100 to get the boat anchors back..

Does anyone have any GOOD heads, or a complete 7.3l? I would also take a 6.9, not picky.. Just want to get this truck back together..

-Dallas

I got 2 sets of 7.3 heads, and a set of 6.9 heads;Sweet

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I have the 7.3 that I swapped with my 6.9. It had a blown head gasket, but ran fine before that. I think the stuck wastegate with boost well over 15psi caused it. I was going to do a valve job on it, put it back together and sell it.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a running 7.3 but the problem would be getting it to you.

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
why don't you have them fixed? They can be welded, I've never heard of being beyond repair...but ya never know. Who did you take them to?

Last edited:

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are any of you willing to ship? :eek: Could I get some prices so I can figure out if it would even be worth the shipping costs?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I'm in Medford,OR . I can drive a reasonable distance.. Lindvig Machine Shop in Phoenix diagnosed them. He is like 85 and still does amazing work. ;Sweet

Are any of you willing to ship? :eek: Could I get some prices so I can figure out if it would even be worth the shipping costs?

Thanks guys.

Go to ups and weigh your heads and ask them what shipping would be from 38585 to were you are, and that would tell you, i will ship anything as long as you pay for it:D

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
someone on craigs list either here in Portland, or Eugene had a set of low mile rebuilt heads for 250 I think. Might look around, more than likely UPS won't ship them cause they are so heavy, but worth a look.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shipping will kill ya! keep it within your driving range

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the shipping. Assume like $100 per head. Go local if you can. You can possibly pick up heads for that much at a wrecking yard with a "no cracks" warranty and get them Magged at the shop you just went to. Sometimes they cut you a deal after finding your first set DOA. Try to match casting numbers with your good head, i.e. C1 or C3. Good Luck.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$100 per head wouldn't be too bad if they are GOOD heads. I am not having much luck locally. The salvage yard wants $300 per head, and they only guarantee that they are rebuildable . They are about $450 each new.. I have had a few offers from craigslist, but I'm not sure I want to buy used heads from craigs... What if they end up being F'ed as well.. Lindvig's quoted me $200 per head for a full rebuild.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ebay has rebuilt heads for $325.00 shipped free. Just look for them. Also Dieselcast Welding sells complete new 7.3 heads both in Oregon and the midwest.... Clearwater Cylinder Heads in Florida has them... Alabama has them too

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I have a set of 6.9 heads that i will garentee to run because they came off my 6.9 thati blew up, i covered then in about an inch of greese and put them in the dry so they cant rust, the 7.3 heads could be anyone's guess, the engine ran years abo thats all i know