Wow! Lotsa nice trucks on e-bay!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found lots of nice '88 to '91 vintage trucks on E-bay tonight. I'm gettin' the itch again... and we need a work truck.

Hmmmmm....... :rotflmao

Will have to look again REAL close like once I get this new rig paid down a bit... The Impala is being an expen$ive pain in the butt to maintain... in the past 10,000 miles I have replaced its transmission, its catalytic converter, and it needs new tie rods/ends (since 41,000 miles) and now (at 48,000) needs new wheel bearings, sounds like.

Looking for '91ish F-350 CC/DRW with a 5-speed this time... may even LET my wife drive the new truck so I can drive old metal, except when pulling the big trailer...

Will have to see how much the 'pala will cost to get up to *****... it shouldn't have had so many problems in only 50,000 miles--more trouble than my '91 F-350 had at 200,000+ !!!!!

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Mike

I don't blame you. I've already got 7800 miles on my new Dmax and it's only 5 months old. I suggested to my wife that I needed an '85 or '86 IDI so that I didn't put so may miles on my new truck. I got the "we got you a new truck so you don't have so much to work on" reply. I'll try it again next year. Besides, I already have my next project waiting. I have a 1966 Impala SS 396 (no engine) waiting for a frame off. That's going to be a blast. And I already got a smiling approval from my wife when I told her it was going to be converted to....Duramax power.:D

Tom

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Tom are you saying your going to be putting a duramax in that Impala of yours? That would get my approval ;Sweet .

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Tom are you saying your going to be putting a duramax in that Impala of yours? That would get my approval ;Sweet .

That is the plan at this point. I don't have the original engine so any restoration value is lost. My aim is to make an original looking car with up to date suspension and powertrain. Since I can make twice the power for half as much money, and it still be driveable, and the fact that diesel IS the fuel of the future for my lifetime, it seems only logical.

Tom