worthless tires!

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got me a new job n my work truck is a 2wheel drive F550. And the places I go I either need GOOD mud tires or 4x4 (I'll get the tires I want before a new truck sooo....)

Anyone got some good mud tire options for these 19.5 wheels?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i drive a company issue f550 4x4. i also try to get away from it every chance i get. the 4wd chews up tires like noone's business, you can't get throgh 9 months without replacing the fronts. and it gets michelin mud tires too.
my favorite company truck is a '97 f450 2wd. it likes to play in the mud and soup. if there is a problem with traction, i will air down the fronts and the sinking issue is not crisis item.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you already know this Towcat but it is a bit of knowledge that bears repeating. On any vehicle tire rotation is a very important issue. The larger you go in vehicles the bigger an issue it is. I tend to rotate my tires every other oil change. We used to get about a year and a half on the old F450 on tires. Of course I didn't have anything but plain simple steel rims on it so I could rotate the tires they way they were supposed to be rotated. I would also check the shocks on the truck. The larger trucks are brutal on shocks and can wear them out quickly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828