Wooow

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm on day two of flushing my cooling system with vinegar and...

You must be registered for see images attach

Guess I'm going to be doing some preassure washing tomorrow... It never got over 200 so the engine wasn't overheating but you can sure see all the rust and crap that came out!

Going to replace fluids tomorrow and do another 50/50 with vinegar and distilled water but this time with a filter,

Vinegar does work!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hope you don't develop any leaks that's usually what happens when you flush an old radiator that looks like that.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hope you don't develop any leaks that's usually what happens when you flush an old radiator that looks like that.

I'm at the point were if it leaks I'm just going to replace it, this was just to see if I could clean it up enough to still keep using it and well its looking good so far, no leaks.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck. Some people would do this and then wonder why it starts leaking. So long as folks know the risks, I say go for it. If you are having problems keeping it cool and you see that you probably are suffering from reduced flow, what the heck right? The only other option is replacement anyway.

Good luck!

Kelster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm on day two of flushing my cooling system with vinegar and...

Guess I'm going to be doing some preassure washing tomorrow... It never got over 200 so the engine wasn't overheating but you can sure see all the rust and crap that came out!

Going to replace fluids tomorrow and do another 50/50 with vinegar and distilled water but this time with a filter,

Vinegar does work!

So how does this work?
You just drain your rad and replace with 50/50 vinegar and distilled water?
Do you then leave the cap off and idle it up to temp?

Amazing - I have several trucks and a tractor around here that could use that treatment.

KB

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how does this work?
You just drain your rad and replace with 50/50 vinegar and distilled water?
Do you then leave the cap off and idle it up to temp?

Amazing - I have several trucks and a tractor around here that could use that treatment.

KB

That radiator cap is on tight LOL I just drained the system flushed it once with tap water and then filled it 50/50 and ran it around town like normal for two days

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya gotta drain the block on both side to do a good job of flushing or it's all for nothing. Looks like good ole Texas well water or maybe a watering hole. :D

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya gotta drain the block on both side to do a good job of flushing or it's all for nothing. Looks like good ole Texas well water or maybe a watering hole. :D

Thanks for the catch I'll definitely do that next time I flush it!

So today I preasure washed the engine and flushed the radiator.

Bucket #1:

And three hours later,
Bucket #60:

That is alot of radiator diarrhea!

Filled radiator back up with distilled water and a gallon of vinegar, drove it home and I'm going to flush it one more time today the take it back to my shop tomorrow and drain the block and pull the thermostat, once I have all the big garbage out of the system I'll put the coolant filter on and go from there!

Last edited:

Kelster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the catch I'll definitely do that next time I flush it!

So today I preasure washed the engine and flushed the radiator.

Bucket #1:

And three hours later,
Bucket #60:

That is alot of radiator diarrhea!

Filled radiator back up with distilled water and a gallon of vinegar, drove it home and I'm going to flush it one more time today the take it back to my shop tomorrow and drain the block and pull the thermostat, once I have all the big garbage out of the system I'll put the coolant filter on and go from there!

Looks like your attachments didn't take.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a block plug for cooling system on each side of engime...each time you flush you should drain there too. This will expidite the cleaning process as it gets schmeg outta block instead of just rad. Betcha flush more goo out if u do block plugs too.....I knkw I sure did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online