wont stay started need help

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
i took the truck to ford. and im going systematically through the list of crap they gave me. after replacing the ebp sensor and cleaning the tube it idled fine and drove fine but it would not restart. next on the list was the GPR. the gasket is a double plug also and it looked brand new, not even the slightest discoloration in the wires. now i got to figure out this ait sensor thing and see what happens next. havent had tine to work on the truck since i installed gpr. Batteries were dead.

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your IAT is not holding you from starting/running.

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
well the damn thing is coming up as a fault during the scan so it need done anyways apparently.

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
fuel pump maybe??? got the batteries installed today. fired up, ran it for 30 min at 1K RPM. turned it off and waited a few min and went to restart- start than die about three times checked fuel filter bowl no fuel....what you guy think?

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe your lines need to be bled, if there was no fuel in the fuel filter, but again you might want to check your pump, they are known to go bad in the 7.3's (im assuming thats what you have)

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
ya 7.3, i got a new fuel pump today, but failed to get it installed due to ********-turbo in the way. had to call it a night and get more tools and try again tomorrow. I hope to hell this does the trick cus money runnin mighty low!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online