wont stay started need help

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
If I read this right, he has a'95.....what color is the fuel in the bowl---black fuel indicates bad inj orings.....

Ken...shame on you----cookoo----- thibbittt ;p;p :D for even suggesting ether.....use some spray silicone ;Sweet

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
oil in bowl is clear, cps is about 7 months old, i have noticed a surge at idle for some time just a small one but the other day i went to fire it up and it was surging something wicked where is this injector deal located?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where is this injector deal located?

Did you read the article I linked? All the info is in there...;Sweet

IPR is located in the lower left rear side of the HPOP.

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
pulled IPR today. didn't seem to be all gunked up. the o-rings were intact. i still disassembled it and cleaned her up just to be sure. installed it and it ran great for about 2 min. than got Check Engine light followed by death. got it to fire up again and limped it home. Idle is very rough but i didnt leave the IPR loose. I tighten it pretty well. crazy day, i might have to take the some-***** to a mechanic-cuss

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
even if the orings look good that does not mean that they are good. If they dont seal perfect the IPR doesnt work rite. See if you can get someone to pull the codes for you. That might be the best place to start rite now.
Ken

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
There is a coil on the IPR that can be removed without removing the entire IPR and dumping the valley full of oil.......I don't have the specs in front of me but mebee another will chime in.

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
ill check that, I hope its not that stuff because I just had all of it replaced 7 months ago!

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
update... inspected wiring harness, and VC gasket and wires inside. no damage whatsoever, I think i will have to take it to the shop for diagnosis. oh well, i just hate paying for that kind of crap!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, please let us know the outcome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US