Won't start 00'F-250

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
No power hardly anywhere? dim lights and such? that's a battery issue, your alternator might be bad too, batteries could be bad, could be a short. did you do any electrical work yourself on it?

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
well guys I found out what it was...1 bad battery....only had em' 8 months..so got a new one free ...Now I'm waiting for the other to go bad and strand me.... oh and check this out when I unhooked the good battery the truck would start?????? What gives???

B

Big K

Originally posted by Wideopen
.... oh and check this out when I unhooked the good battery the truck would start?????? What gives???

Run that by me one more time....i'm feeling slow today :confused:

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big K
Run that by me one more time....i'm feeling slow today :confused:

Everything was dead with both batterys hooked up...like a dead battery.. if I unhooked the good battery ans the bad one then rehooked the bad only it would start:***: My thoughts exactly...so when I got to the store where I bought the batterys..I had them check the unhooked battery first ..thinking it was the bad one...it tested good... so for Chits and giggles..I had em' check the one I thought was good...It tested bad..:***: You can say that again.?? So I'm clueless on what happened

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
hmmm, interesting....I think someone mentioned it might have been a bad battery all along.... glad to hear you got it figured out wo

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Swany
hmmm, interesting....I think someone mentioned it might have been a bad battery all along.... glad to hear you got it figured out wo

Yeah I think that was my first thought???;)

probear

AKA pooh :)
Reaction score
Wish I'd seen this sooner. I went though that almost identical thing a couple of years ago. One bad battery will often suck the power from the other battery. BTW, the voltage should be a little higher that mid 12s.
Oh well, guess i need to check in more oftern. :D

B

Big K

Originally posted by probear
BTW, the voltage should be a little higher that mid 12s.

Respectfully disagree. Mine check @ 12.74, and 12.72 - static. I did not think that W/O's static numbers were out of line. Static does not mean much, as previously stated, however. Load test tells the tale.

This still makes no sense, but glad I am, (Yoda voice), that running dependably again is W/O. ;)

:D :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online