wmo in a 2007 5.9

KFinn

Reaction score
Good info. I know I have run a very large amount of all the oil types I mentioned through my 7.3L DI Powersmoke and it was ok. But didn't want to ASSume the same for when I make the switch to a 5.9L.

I was also a bit concerned about the synthetic fork oil. It was reaaaaallly light and thin though so I had high hopes to be able to run a higher % of oil when I use that than regular motor oil. Meaning if I decide to run a 30 or 35% m.o mix in the dodge that when using fork I might be able to bump up to 50% or 65% without issues.

I have watched about 3 videos now and read some more posts.

Only question I have is, why do others not put the output of the c.fuge into a diff contaniner directly? why cycle it through a drum over and over again?

I would assume from the illustration vid of the c.fug that it should be up to high enough RPM by the time the jets have filled the holding tank and start coming back out the small holes to the output???

wmoguy

Reaction score
Good info. I know I have run a very large amount of all the oil types I mentioned through my 7.3L DI Powersmoke and it was ok. But didn't want to ASSume the same for when I make the switch to a 5.9L.

I was also a bit concerned about the synthetic fork oil. It was reaaaaallly light and thin though so I had high hopes to be able to run a higher % of oil when I use that than regular motor oil. Meaning if I decide to run a 30 or 35% m.o mix in the dodge that when using fork I might be able to bump up to 50% or 65% without issues.

I have watched about 3 videos now and read some more posts.

Only question I have is, why do others not put the output of the c.fuge into a diff contaniner directly? why cycle it through a drum over and over again?

I would assume from the illustration vid of the c.fug that it should be up to high enough RPM by the time the jets have filled the holding tank and start coming back out the small holes to the output???

Multiple passes are needed in most of the styles of fuges to reach that sub 1 micron cleanliness. Also, in the Fuges which are driven by pressured oil, not 100% of the oil is going thru the fuge. For example if you watch my video on here, you'll see that the ball valve which basically serves as a pressure relief is only about 1/2 closed. So 1/2 the flow my pump can produce is actually not being filtered.

It was suggested to me by PABioDiesel to make 4 passes to get .5 micron ratings. I like to go 6-8 passes. Generally by the time I am on pass 5 the collection in the fuge rotor is hardly anything so I know I'm getting close to having very clean fuel

wmoguy

Reaction score
And yes, I am up north on occasion so I very well might take you up on that. Mainly maybe to just check out your system and process.

anytime! I'm in Severance. Just PM me and we can connect up

mtran

I`ll improve my Eng
Reaction score
For example if you watch my video on here, you'll see that the ball valve which basically serves as a pressure relief is only about 1/2 closed. So 1/2 the flow my pump can produce is actually not being filtered.

can you regulated by valve on inlet so ALL will flow in CF?

wmoguy

Reaction score
can you regulated by valve on inlet so ALL will flow in CF?

not unless you can figure out how to control the speed of your pump. If you power the fuge over 90-95'ish PSI is a great way to destroy your centrifuge bearings. If I ran all the flow to my fuge for example, I'd hit 150-160psi super easy.
If one could devise a way to control the electric motor speed it might be possible. That would be pretty slick for sure.

Last edited:

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
not unless you can figure out how to control the speed of your pump. If you power the fuge over 90-95'ish PSI is a great way to destroy your centrifuge bearings. If I ran all the flow to my fuge for example, I'd hit 150-160psi super easy.
If one could devise a way to control the electric motor speed it might be possible. That would be pretty slick for sure.

All you have to do is route the bleed off back threw the pump!!! thats what i do and it works great! just run the bleed off into the suction side of the pump that way it all goes through the fuge.

wmoguy

Reaction score
All you have to do is route the bleed off back threw the pump!!! thats what i do and it works great! just run the bleed off into the suction side of the pump that way it all goes through the fuge.

darn good idea. I have no idea why I didn't think of that! LOL

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
darn good idea. I have no idea why I didn't think of that! LOL

Lol thats the first thing i did when i built mine. I keep scratching my head cuz i havebt seen anyone do it yet. They all just rethrn bleed off back to the tank! Maybe ill make a thread about it

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you are feeding the bleed off back to your pump are you pulling out of the tank too or just running off the bleed off?

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
So if you are feeding the bleed off back to your pump are you pulling out of the tank too or just running off the bleed off?

i just feed the bleed off back into the feed line to the pump... so the bleed off line would be T'd into the line that comes from the tank and feeds the pump. make sense? Should just draw a picture in paint and upload it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online