WMO in 7.3 PSD chime in

tweener

Reaction score
What is the general conclusion on the filtering needed for a 7.3 Power stroke?

Is 2u good enough? or 1u? or ????

my current system is filtered to 2u, but if the conclusion is that much better filtration is needed, I thin I will buy a dieselcraft centrifuge.

opinions?

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
i would be careful with a PSD because of the computer/sensors as well as the tighter tolerances with the injectors and also they are way more expensive I know i can get reman injectors for my truck ('94 73.L IDI) for $23.75 exchange

tweener

Reaction score
bought a dieselcraft oc20 for final polishing......waitning for the brown truck to come.

50 more gallons of black gold droped off at my shop today.

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
tweener, does the dieselcraft take the black out of the wmo or carbon? Looking at buying one, and the guy said it would clean the oil like new.

tweener

Reaction score
Waiting for UPS to deliver it. He said it would be a couple weeks, as they are behind with fuel prices the way they are, everyone is buying cenrifuges.

I will let you know how it works, as I have some oil that I have filtered all ready, and i will let you know how much better the centrifuge does...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i am also interested to see how well it does.....

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me three.

So far I'm using no more than a 50/50 mix after filtering and have not put many miles on it.

tweener

Reaction score
Got a Hot Water Heater today.......I have all the parts, need to Build a loft in my garage, put heater up there, wire it in, plumb everything together, and Then I will report back.....Figure another month by the time I have it all ready to go.......Have almost 200 gallons of black gold rady to be processed.

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do keep us posted - I'm working with a couple local guys trying to get larger quantities of oil and atf, instead of a few gallons here and there.

I have an air pressure pump, but need to get something electric that will "pull" oil out of a larger tank, and "push" it through filters without taking forever, and without pressurizing the containers in the process.

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Why not gravity feed the filter? No pumps to fuss with, a slower travel through the filters should mean better filtering.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
air pressure works great for me pushing through filters, real easy for me to since i have a shop compressor to feed off of.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
air pressure works great for me pushing through filters, real easy for me to since i have a shop compressor to feed off of.

ya air is the best way i think that my thought anyway
and yes im using air also to push the oil through my filters