WMO filtration

02AutoWag

Reaction score
How picky are you WMO burners about the quality of oil in the waste drum?

Some of these shops around here throw whatever they have in the same drum...brake fluid, coolant, both dino oil and synthetic oil, atf, etc.

Do you guys make an agreement that only non-contaminated, dino only, used motor oil will be carted off? Or do you take whatever they have and deal with whatever mixture you get?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only accept oil that is clean and doesnt have any antifreeze or brake fluid in it.

A litte anti freeze is okay as long as its settled out.

The cleaner the oil the less you really need to do when it comes to filtering it.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
i work on yachts and when a big old cat or mtu needs an oil change i can usually take if off someone hands, or sometimes i also do oil changes. one cat 3412 holds 20 gallons and a pair in a boat so it adds up fast.

NewbeeMC9

Reaction score
We can get it Cleaned, filtered to 10 micron, and delivered for $1.50 when diesel was in the $4.00 range. He may have went back to $1.00 per gallon since the fuel price dropped.

Last edited:

Black dawg

Reaction score
2 micron napa 3528 filter for final stage. I mix 50/50 before the final filtering.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the jr pump working for you? Does it have a lot more power then before it was rebuilt?

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
How is the jr pump working for you? Does it have a lot more power then before it was rebuilt?

The difference is night and day! I also get MUCH better mileage, than I did before..... Don't ask me how, I just know it does.

I suppose a new set of injectors from Russ would help even more, but those aren't in the budget right now...

Black dawg

Reaction score
gator sometimes several hundred gallons sometimes 50. I store all my oil in a 300 gallon tank and let it sit for atleast a couple weeks after adding oil to it before pumping oil out of it. letting it sit make a huge difference in filters. From the 300 gallon tank it goes to my transfer tank and mixed at 50/50 before being pumped into the truck at 2 micron. I run the same 3528 on the truck and change it once a year with no problems.

1994IDI

Reaction score
How are you guys adding the filters? Are you using spin-ons or inlines? I am very interested in running WMO, but I don't have any experience or time around it. Some links to the parts you are using, or better yet some pictures and more in depth descriptions would help a lot. Thanks and great thread.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
gator sometimes several hundred gallons sometimes 50. I store all my oil in a 300 gallon tank and let it sit for atleast a couple weeks after adding oil to it before pumping oil out of it. letting it sit make a huge difference in filters. From the 300 gallon tank it goes to my transfer tank and mixed at 50/50 before being pumped into the truck at 2 micron. I run the same 3528 on the truck and change it once a year with no problems.

So If I were to do say 10 gallons at a time (ill have more capacity when i get more 5 gal rot. T buckets at walmartLOL) Would I just pull the WMO out of my truck, mix it with some diesel and push it through one of those filters I should be set to dump it in the tank? Oh and is yall's exhaust blue from burning the oil?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how does the moose pump like WMO?

Kinda defeats the purpose of having one if you ask me. It's like having a Keith Black Hemi in your racing vehicle, then running 89 octane gas in it. :dunno

I just replaced 5 glow plugs in the Moosestang last night. It was getting real hard to start and I knew I had some bad ones. Didn't figure I was only starting on 3 good plugs though! :eek: I'll have to post a pic of the ones I pulled. One of them was pretty scary looking. WMO definitely takes it's toll on stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel