WMO Facts from Army research

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
Great find. Looks like continous useage might cause issues with deposits, but just burning your own oil change oil should not be an issue at all.

obinella

Reaction score
hey Sarge, quick question, page 18 says not recommended but on page 21 its a win win and is implemented. seems contradictory.

patternman

Reaction score
obinella said:
hey Sarge, quick question, page 18 says not recommended but on page 21 its a win win and is implemented. seems contradictory.

The way I read, continuous use of blended is not recommended and they are using and recommend blended at oil change intervals only.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Good score. :thumbsup:
That answers my question. I can burn it. :) :)
Now for the neighbours question.
The guy down the street and I were talking about
this the other night, and we were trying to figure
out if WMO also applied to synthetic oils as well.

I guess for what he pays for his synthetic,
he'd like to use it twice. Makes sense to me. :)

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
I liked the findings first they said:gContinuous Diet of Blend of 7 1/2 % Used Oil with JP-8 Fuel
then they said:Fuel Consumption Increased 7.2 % in the HMMWV

I maybe slow but where is the fuel saving cookoo LOL

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
smokin_stroker00 said:
I liked the findings first they said:gContinuous Diet of Blend of 7 1/2 % Used Oil with JP-8 Fuel
then they said:Fuel Consumption Increased 7.2 % in the HMMWV

I maybe slow but where is the fuel saving cookoo LOL

In the delivery cost of transporting the oil to a recycling center! :rotflmao

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I was poking around on Cummins engine website a few weeks back and found an article issued from them that burning WMO was approved but only at 5% max mix - it did not say anything about continous useage - I sort of assumed that they would be talking continous...

Which I think it was Rob on here (F350camper) gave a report that he was seeing deposits with heavier usage rates.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
First off........Thanks Dreese! You found a good article that helps back me up quite well on this subject!

To the rest of you considering running WMO:
"Continuous use of blended fuel (WMO) NOT recommended"

AND

I TOLD YOU SO! ;Really

I have to agree with smokinstroker's point as well, they were adding 7.5% oil to the fuel, but their fuel consumption went up by almost exactally that amount, sounds like there is no milage or fuel value to me! :rotflmao

You guys go ahead and run WMO and I'll laugh even more when things go wrong due to the "Unusual Ashy deposits" in your engine!

I cant imagine, of all people, Mel, putting used dirty oil in such a nice truck! ;Really

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I built the Bronco to use as a test bed for things common sense tells me not to do with my other two. If it was my only truck, and one I had a lot of money in, you can bet I wouldn't be doing it. I'm already breaking a few rules... running mixed injectors, and crappy ones at that. Using a push button without a timer (fixing that), and heck it's not even a push botton, it's an on/off switch. :eek: LOL

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this article while trying to find out if I could run WMO without any problems. I tried 1/4 tank of 50/50 blend and felt no power difference. But since this is my daily driver I'll keep running #2.

sassyrel

Reaction score
ya right--if your worried about deposits--put water injection to it--either robs mod--or buy snows outfit--the water in minute amounts acts as a steam bath inside the combustion chamber

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online