WMO/diesel mix in a Cummins 6CTA 8.3

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Alright, I'm about to embark on running my truck on a mix of WMO/diesel. I think I will start at around a 50/50 mix or so, and I'm sure that my truck can handle a mix greater in WMO as well.

But my parents are wanting to get in on this as well. They have a 1997 Country Couch RV with the Cummins 8.3 6CTA, its the mechanical version. Anyways, I was wondering what kind of mixes it could run on. At first I was thinking that 25/75 WMO/diesel would be about max, but then thinking about it a little harder, I wouldnt be suprised if it could run on a mix of 50/50 or more WMO/diesel.

What do you guys think?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
What's on it for an IP. Bosch P7100?

Yup, as far as I can tell. Looks like what came in my grandfathers 96 12 valver just a little bigger maybe. Definatly mechanical though, no sensors or anything going into the IP, which leads me to believe its a P7100

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Rotary or inline pump? If it's rotary does it have a large rectangle block on top of the pump?

Inline pump. Not like our DB2 pumps on our IDI's where the injector lines are in a circular pattern on the back, but all six injector lines are in a row on top. Pretty sure thats a P7100...

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yep, that's what it sounds like....Probably wouldn't bother it with a 30/70 mix or so...Start thin and go heavier if it works.....Doesn't apply to finding a women though.....Nature will take care of the heavier part.:D :rotflmao

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yep, that's what it sounds like....Probably wouldn't bother it with a 30/70 mix or so...Start thin and go heavier if it works.....Doesn't apply to finding a women though.....Nature will take care of the heavier part.:D :rotflmao

Thats what I was thinking, probably just start with a 25/75 mix. I'll probably cut them off at a point, using up all that precious WMO I could be burning ;Sweet :D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i was under the impression that the inline pumps were much tougher and could handle alternative fuels better than our rotary pumps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7