WMO and Stanadyne...

MMeier

Reaction score
...mixed up about 2 gallons of WMO and a pint of Stanadyne, looks to have turned the fuel a grayish color...:confused: Anyone else ever do/ notice this? Thought I had a bunch of water in one of my drums, but when I pour some into a glass jar and let sit, just have fuel, nothing seperates out. Truck runs the same also! Just wondering, that's all!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I've never looked at that, with the WVO or BIO it looks great. you need to mix it per the Stanadyne instructions, no need to wast it!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i never get to see it mix inside my tank:D if you added 2 gal WMO to a fuel tank that isent much and should run the same.

MMeier

Reaction score
Guess it must be OK, ran 30 gallons of it already through the '93. I had put in a pint of Stanadyne in the drum on top of the WMO and then filled it. When I transferred it over to the other tank...one I actually pump from to truck... I noticed the funny colored stuff. drained filter on truck several times also, and nothing is seperating out. The real test will be when I go to Colorado next week and carry a 55 gallon drum in the back for the trip, thats when it will probably mess up ... if at all!!

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
Mine messed up this morning when I got to 90% wmo and 10%mineral oil I would say the vicosity is to much for the standard pumps to pull or push went and got a fuel pump inline style and put right under drivers door on the frame and a switched it to the key and the a switch now its running fine with the fuel pump on If I turn it off it idles fine but runs out of fuel before I get to the neighbors driveway. but with it on it runs awesome again.

MMeier

Reaction score
90% WMO??!!:confused: :eek: Or are you talking about 90% WMO and 10% mineral to what % of diesel?

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once goofed & blended 90/10 wmo/dino & found out that at 40* or less she will "run" but wouldn't start on it, even at 50/50 the fuel is still very black & I always filtered down to 2 microns.

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
I am not running diesel at all now. But it wont start under 42 degrees I triple hit the glow plugs and crank it and it starts ok not as fast as with diesel but it does start.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online