Windshield Washer Mister

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may help those of you with low flow to stick a paperclip end or thin wire down the holes in your mister.

Mine was plugged up with wax and debris. Rodded it out, so to speak, and have not had anymore problems washing my windshield, regardless of speed or winds. Haven't tried anything over 70mph.

Last edited:

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
i think Mike makes a good point... i really don't have probs, myself, except at 70mph or so. then the wind just keeps it low on the windshield & the wipers do the rest. otherwise, good pattern, good pressure, etc. :confused:

i DO like the idea of the blade mounted misters, though - if'n Calvin sees a bolt-on upgrade, i'm on it ;Sweet

oh, and Doggie - you want me to call Travis so he can up come up there & tighten that thing up for ya?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
How many of you guys are running air/hood deflectors that are having problems with the WW fluid? I had the same problems and my mirrors would shake. I took off the deflectors and everything is much better. The way the deflectors disturb the air flow over the hood and sides of the truck screw up the air flow that the engineers tested at the factory. Russ

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
i think Mike makes a good point... i really don't have probs, myself, except at 70mph or so. then the wind just keeps it low on the windshield & the wipers do the rest. otherwise, good pattern, good pressure, etc. :confused:

i DO like the idea of the blade mounted misters, though - if'n Calvin sees a bolt-on upgrade, i'm on it ;Sweet

oh, and Doggie - you want me to call Travis so he can up come up there & tighten that thing up for ya?

Yeah, I think GM has a good idea with the in-wiper-arm "misters". My wife's truck and my Impala have them... really do a great job. Someone could make a lotta money with bolt-on kits for other vehicles.

Reaction score
GRuss,

Deflector on my rig. I still think it should work, deflector or no. After reading some of the other posts about deflectors/plows I'm sure you are right.

Towcat,

You get a chance to check it out last night? I've been swamped at work and can't break out of hear before the bone yard closes.

Paul

Reaction score
Got some news on this topic.

Managed to get out of here in decent time last night, so I ran over to the bone yard to get a set of wipers. I got a set with the juicer on the wiper arm from an '87 chevy. Couple of neat things about this:

The entire wiper arm will replace perfectly our wiper arms...tried it last night.

The juicer snaps on and off, so if you want to stay with the Ford wipers you can get the squirter to fit. You'll have to drill a hole in the end of the wiper to fit a bump in the juicer to keep it from moving around.

The Ford wipers are easier to get on and off, so I'm going to try and reuse the Ford wiper arm.

Just thought you folks would be interested.

Paul

Reaction score
Chevy Wiper Arm:
attachment.php

Ford Wiper Arm:
attachment.php

Juicer Clip:
attachment.php

Wiper Arm Attachment Point (Note how hose runs through spring):
attachment.php

Chevy Left/Ford Right

Here is the hole in the chevy arm where the juicer sat:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Chevy.JPG
    Chevy.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 20
  • Ford.JPG
    Ford.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Clip.JPG
    Clip.JPG
    1.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Connectors.JPG
    Connectors.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Hole.JPG
    Hole.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
It may look like I've got a lot of time on my hands, but this hosing down the hood with windshield washer solution has gone on long enough!

Paul

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6point9diesel said:
Got some news on this topic.

Managed to get out of here in decent time last night, so I ran over to the bone yard to get a set of wipers. I got a set with the juicer on the wiper arm from an '87 chevy. Couple of neat things about this:

The entire wiper arm will replace perfectly our wiper arms...tried it last night.

The juicer snaps on and off, so if you want to stay with the Ford wipers you can get the squirter to fit. You'll have to drill a hole in the end of the wiper to fit a bump in the juicer to keep it from moving around.

The Ford wipers are easier to get on and off, so I'm going to try and reuse the Ford wiper arm.

Just thought you folks would be interested.

Paul

Wow! Chevy's been juicing their wipers since at least '87?

Gosh Ford is behind the times... :rolleyes:

What makes the Chevy arms harder to install? Different installation method? Seems I'd be more interested in going that route.

Reaction score
The Ford's lock, so that all the spring pressure is released. Then you just pull them off. The Chevy's got a little tab that is suppose to lock on the wiper post. You have to push it with a screwdriver while your pulling it off under spring tension...it's a real pita. I think the chevy way is the easiest for sure. They are kind of dainty looking though and I'm just not into that.

We'll see how the plumbing goes. I'll try it out on my 150 first. It'll be a while till I get the 250 running.

Paul

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose it's too late for this now, but just FYI...

The wiper arms are probably far too long, but at least some E-series van wiper arms had the washer nozzles built-in. My '84 E-350 was set up like this (could have been something done by the PO, but I don't think so)...it was nice, but I haven't really had a problem with the washer setup on my truck to the point where I've thought about a change. Actually, the only problem I've had (other than that my passenger's side wiper flops around a bit; I think I need to get into the cowl assembly and replace bushings) is that wiper blades don't last too long...due in no small part to the fact that my truck doesn't see much road time :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online