why the white smoke? help.

F-SERI-ouS

Reaction score
i just bought a 94 non turbo. nice truck, but it did not run when i got it. i checked a few heres and theres, read some posts, and have come to the conclusion that is was the glow plugs. so i was lucky i got a manual in this truck because i was able to jump start it, after just a minute or three and 3 blocks away, the truck started and sounded like a champ. after driving it around and getting a feel for it, it was misfiring somewhere. i popped the hood and noticed that it was white smoking from the small cover that is right infront of the engine. the one infront of the injection pump. there was also fuel leaking from a few of the injectors and some fittings. so i at first thought it was the fuel that had leaked. once i tightened the fittings, the engine still smoked from the little cover infront of the injection pump. Can anyone help me figure this out? the truck is a CC, 4x4, f-350 w/227k miles. so far i have ordered the glow plugs, checked all fluids, and found a radiators worth of rust in the cooling system. will post pics if that helps. Thanks.

Squeaky_Wheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like blow-by. Does the same color smoke come out of the oil filler neck when you remove the oil cap? Take a pic of where exactly you are seeing smoke and post it. This will help others help you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin