Who was looking for a CC 4x4 IDI??

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
That's perfect for your son!

I truly wish he could afford the diesel!

He wants an Early Bronco real bad, but the reality is his budget says he needs a car that is cheap to insure and get over 25 mpg. Tough to find one that will fit him as he is 6'5" and doesn't fit well in any car.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Get him a Buick.

Buick in my sign gets 30-32mpg on the highway doing 65!

23-25 in the city.

And the seat goes far back (manual seats) and are great for tall people. I'm 6' and I drive far from the wheel.

Great cars, parts are everywhere and pretty cheap, even for top quality ones!

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Get him a Buick.

Buick in my sign gets 30-32mpg on the highway doing 65!

23-25 in the city.

And the seat goes far back (manual seats) and are great for tall people. I'm 6' and I drive far from the wheel.

The Buicks are on the list as they fit his height and are cheaper to insure. Looking at a 1996 Regal Grand Sport now.

He was driving a car his grandma gave him, but when she heard he wanted to trade it in she took it back! It only got 8-10 mpg and it was nickel and diming him to death. He rode a motorcycle all summer to save up some money, but now its time.

He wants $$$$ ones and I am trying to steer him into something practical and affordable. :rolleyes:

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I officially hate you for posting that add. I looked for a long time trying to find an IDI crew cab 4x4 with a 5 speed.

Have you seen my truck? I am building one. Could have saved alot of time.

You know I dont actually hate you right?

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I was actually going to suggest a Buick....ah the irony.

Thing about Buicks, they're great on gas, a good size, great power when needed, cheap to ensure, cheap on parts, and overall, great dependable cars! And most important, easy to work on :D

Buicks makes the best "first cars" but kids don't want them as they're known as "grandpa cars" LOL

Funny though, those grandpa cars stock can outrun a tuned out ricer :rotflmao

Ask me how I know :angel:

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
He is currently enamored with a Nissan Maxima.

Gunz- I hate myself too. :D I bought a 2wd and have the front axle; I'm just not as far along as you! ( I do have the ZF5 and NP205 in and ready for the day I can put the front axle in.)

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I had a 92 LeSabre (yes the same one that had tree pulling duties) that I drove back and forth to work for the 25 MPG for over 2 years. It cost me 300 bucks and looked like hell but the only maintenance I had to do was the oil pan gasket, the fuel sock and a tuneup. Sounded like a 4.3 with no muffler and a chrome tip.