Who is interested in cowl induction hoods?

GraemeDiesel

Reaction score
I would be somewhat interested in a hood scoop. I think that to be practical there would need to be some kind of duct to deliver the air to just below the air filter, where the engine would get the benefit of the cooler slightly pressurized outside air, but any water in it would fall harmlessly away.

I definitely would NOT buy a hood with gauges on it. I see your point about wanting to be able to just glance down slightly to look at the gauges, but I think the answer would be to develope a dash mount gauge pod, to hold the gauges just above and beyond the steering wheel.

Hokey

Reaction score
cowl hood

I like the looks of a cowl hood, been popualr over the years. would sell good if made functional. IMO..

Bean

Reaction score
It will be some time before I do anything with a hood, too many other irons in the fire at the moment. I do plan on doin somethin with it in the future though no doubt.

If you want just a cowl hood there are plenty to choose from already, I want to do somethin different, probably wont be for everyone.

Twin_diesels

Twin Diesels
Reaction score
Well, I know that in the older tractors (farm), one way they got the moisture out of the air before it went into the motor, was to use an oil bath filter system. Not sure how you'd make that work.

snoracer614

smokinEclipsedually
Reaction score
I have a friend that runs a 10" true cowl on his older malibu...He has autometers mounted into it with L.E.D shift light...Looks trick....I would definatly $buy$ one if they had one for my psd... I will try to get you some pics of it when I get back home...

TapsMan

smog monster
Reaction score
I want a cowl hood. I had a steel cowl scoop put on my factory hood and it keeps cracking. You can barely see it in the picture. It looks really good, from a ways away

SDEric

Reaction score
I like the hoods the way they are, I would just like to find some classy vents to install on either side of the hood drop, heck even one side would be find. Something to point to the rear and look like it was custom or factory install.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Could one fabricate a sealed induction system like my Chevelle had? It was vacuum operated, but I would think something could be made to work. I always loved the way mine opened when you cranked the RPM's. Was no doubt about it when you stood on it, that thing flew open and usually there was a distinct smell of burning rubber...damn I miss that car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance