Who else got and installed Uhaul injectors?

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you did, how were your results with them?

Did you pop test & balance them beforehand or no?

I've come to the conclusion that mine are just crap. Besides the fact that I evidently have mixed G and BB code injectors, the truck idles like crap with them in and barely does better on mileage than it did on the old worn out IP and injectors with 110K on them.

I pop tested and balanced all the injectors beforehand (as best I could), then pulled them all and checked them AGAIN just a week or so ago, and it still runs like crap. Blah. No "leakers" that I could find yet the idle is still screwed up. I guess that's what I get with questionable rebuilt injectors...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you balanced and pop tested the injectors, and like you say when you pulled them you detected no leakers. It is not a good thing to mix different codes, they have different CC's of fuel injected. Did you or have you replaced the caps and hose between injectors, sounds like you may have air intrusion.

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rebuilt pump was okay but I feel I got had on the injectors! Two of them were not rebuilt and had a ton of carbon inside! None of them were within 200PSI of each other, 3 of them tested around 1300psi!!! Total junk but the price was not bad to use them as parts or cores.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the return lines a couple years ago, they're new. I know I don't have air intrusion...the truck ran fine and idled smooth before I put in the new stuff, now it vibrates a lot at idle and seems to blow too much black smoke under acceleration (more than there should be, at least).

I really only have about $50 in this set of injectors (got them during that big sale at uhaul last winter), but it still sucks because now I gotta replace em anyway.